ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust polishing & protecting

v6
Hi,

just got a nice shiny stainless exhuast for the vee.

Want to get it even shinier and protect it before fitting. As it's quite on display and a pain to get to once fitted.

What products do people recommend?

Bumder With A Buffer
Also matt (i4detailing) does the britemax polish and wax..although they are £10 a pop :(

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep goes on top of polish.

To be honest if yours is new then Nxt or autoglym should be fine (IMO)

Yep that renaissance wax goes on top.... u dont have to use a wax on top but it just helps protect a little bit more.

v6
Thanks mate,

I do have AG SRP & EGP if they're any good?

May be best to be patient and delay fitment

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmmm not too sure on metal to be honest...I used the Autoglym metal polish on the yozza (which has sadly gone :( ) and used some collinite 476 on mine but thats because I was lazy...only did that once mind and it did get fairly dirty in the 12 months I had it on! :eek:

I could give you some collinite to whack over it but as said I dont know if it is supposed to go on metal (wont do any harm by the way!)

v6
I'll just grab some meg's NXT tomorrow and give that a go, apparantely it does offer some protection anyway.

Thanks for your help richy, you coming on sunday?

Bumder With A Buffer
Aye il be popping along young man...wont be running though as il have easily lost power now :(

You okay to bring that column thing for me to have a gander over??

Got to pick some touch up paint off Chris as well...I noticed a mahoosive chip out of my paint today...just under the rear passenger window..f**k knows how that got ther :(

Random off topic rant :)

v6
Aye il be popping along young man...wont be running though as il have easily lost power now :(

You okay to bring that column thing for me to have a gander over??

Got to pick some touch up paint off Chris as well...I noticed a mahoosive chip out of my paint today...just under the rear passenger window..f**k knows how that got ther :(

Random off topic rant :)

I'll try to remember!

That's a poor rant compared to your usual...!

Ooh shiny! I'll have a read cheers

Megane R26
Blackfire Metal Sealant is THE best sealant for an exhaust. Also, look at the Brilliant range of metal polishes - again, unbeatable.

The Britemax, Megs and AG range is decent enough, but the products I mention above are a cut above in terms of ease of use and finish.

All are available from Polished Bliss.