ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Problems.....

Clio 172
Hi guys, was driving home from work today and noticed when i slowed down for a round about my exhuast was making a rather loud noise. When i got home i realised the lip holding the right hand side up had broken off. Has this happened to any of you guys and how much did it cost to get fixed what parts am i looking at? Cheers

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I recently had my back box go and it had a split in the pipe at the back to the box, the side facing forwards.

Fell off after two days and needed a new back box.

Just got a standard Renault one though: 160 sheets.

Clio 172
Yea got a couple of quotes today for standerd exhaust took it in and need new centre exhust aswell in total 380 fresh ones, not ideal but has to be done! Cheers chris

Centre section and back box, fitted through Renault, £380 sounds about right.

If you're going to get both done, you could get a performance stainless steel Cat back system (ie centre and back pipes) for about £300.

On my old Saxo VTS I had a Powerflow cat back system, stainless steel, lifetime guarantee for £299 fitted. I don't like loud exhausts and asked for it to be as quiet as possible. Was louder than standard but nice enough.

The only reason I went for a standard back box on the 172 was that the centre pipe was recently replaced under warranty and the back box needed doing asap and Renault got me in the next day.
Plus, I like the exhaust tucked out of the way like it's meant to be on a 172. You can get stealth systems to replicate this but I was skint and it costs more.

Please whatever you do, don't take it to some kwik-fit style place.

The exhaust is a sensitive part on a performance car and allows the car to exhale and inhale properly. A crappy system will hamper this, sapping power.

mk1 RT
Chris1.4RT said:
Please whatever you do, don't take it to some kwik-fit style place.

unfortunatly i work for the rip off scum :dapprove: but i can tell you that we cant get after market (patern parts) exhaust wise for the 172/182 and we always get main dealer parts last one i dealt with was £250 fitted on a 172 cup with a 3 year guarentee :D

£250 for the back box?

That's pretty expensive despite 3 year warranty.

Fair enough about the originality of the parts though.