ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Question

FF Clio 182
Just had the car MOT'd in which it passed so decided to get it decatted as I got a whole year to live with it. Car was running a sports car, from what I can work out it is the KTEC ultra performance CAT (May consider selling if anyone interested) as that is the only one that fits that system (That system is currently on my car)

So this is the comparison:
bunuza5y.jpg

My first question is: can I buy a straight through pipe for the middle box for this system as I can't seem to find one of KTEC website. I know it is practically just a bent piece of 2.5" pipe. Just wasn't sure if one was available? Just I fitted the decat and the exhaust got no louder so decided to remove the middle box.

Secondly if I was to sell the Sports cat then roughly how much are they worth? I know on their website they £309 but then that is KTEC pricing. Would £200 be a fair price ?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
That Cat looks quite old so not for that price, 2ndly one it's got have you got another for next MOT?
Also straight throughs are very rare and become mentally loud, a place like longlife will make one for you however, on a road car I really wouldn't though.

FF Clio 182
That Cat looks quite old so not for that price, 2ndly one it's got have you got another for next MOT?
Also straight throughs are very rare and become mentally loud, a place like longlife will make one for you however, on a road car I really wouldn't though.

MOT was 2 weeks ago and don't plan on keeping it till next MOT so isn't an issue. I did think it would be crazy loud.

Planned on wire brushing the CAT back and clear coating it with VHT paint.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
New owner will want a cat though, they over £100 for cheap crap one too, I'd keep it personally. All race tubes make any car stupid loud. you'd probably struggle to sell a car like that too.

FF Clio 182
New owner will want a cat though, they over £100 for cheap crap one too, I'd keep it personally. All race tubes make any car stupid loud. you'd probably struggle to sell a car like that too.

Fitted the decat and it didn't even make the car any louder. Like I said it does have a middle box and a back box though. All I gained was a little better throttle response and the CAT use to tick a bit

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
As said, £200 for a fucked cat is way to much lol

I paid 240 for a 182 cat before from four ashes Renault. It was fcuked too and I was none the wiser. Lesson learnt that's for sure!

Eh??