ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust recommendations

Hi Im looking to purchase a new exhaust for my mk2 172. Thinking magnex or a k-tec. Dont really have a clue what to look for, although i DONT want it to be too loud. Oh and i like the oval look, not too keen on twin.

Any ideas on what i should go for? Oh and where i can get it fitted!!

Pics welcome too!!

Han x

That sounds good, magnew oval box...

Now does anyone know of a good place to have it fitted?? Could i just buy it, then get my local garge fit it??

Thanks for the help guys.

You should be able to get it fitted by most places - its just like any other exhaust. Itll probably have to be cash-in-hand though, as they havent sold it to you so cant really put it through their books in some cases.

Ask your local independant garage place!

I recently had a k-tec cat back fitted, including a silencer which makes it very civilised. you can chose tailpipe design on the k-tec site. It makes a discreet business-like sound at idling, very nice roar above 4500 revs. Only minor issue is boominess at mway speeds, but youll get that or much worse with most exhausts. havent got a pic of mine, but there are nice pics on k-tec site. If you want info on magnex, ask telford-mike, hes posted plenty of pics of his. Price wise theyll both be the same.

hope this helps

Thats really nice actually, i also have a flamed 172...by far the best colour hehe.

Can i be cheeky and ask how much? Oh and who fitted? Is it loud?

Cheers Mike

Renault Laguna Coupe

£337.04p (cheeky!), Demon Tweeks. Its not loud compared to most of the others, but quite a bit louder than standard. Apparently this one was intended for the Mk1 172, but it fits fine anyway.

There should be loads to look at if youre going to the French Car Show next weekend - Ill be there as will Roamer, Slugger and others who have the k-tec ones. Oh and Jas has the oval Magnex on his Mk1. Probably a good thing to get there if you can as its sooo difficult choosing an exhaust if you cant judge how loud it is.