ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust System

FH03NCC
Hi everyone,this is my first post and I am in need of your expertise,I am the owner of a 172cup which I have owned since new(2003) ,unfortunately the exhaust system is now in need of replacement and I can now no longer purchase a standard Renault system.
Which leads me on to a stainless exhaust but my concerns are that it will sound to load,what would you recommend!!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
It's done well to last this long to be fair, but I don't think there's a ton of off the shelf options that won't be louder than standard, depends how much you want to spend of course, but having a custom exhaust made up in the same diameter as standard is probably the best option.
Other option is a cheap pattern exhaust, will be mild steel so it'll rust, but that's no different than the standard system I suppose.

FH03NCC
It's done well to last this long to be fair, but I don't think there's a ton of off the shelf options that won't be louder than standard, depends how much you want to spend of course, but having a custom exhaust made up in the same diameter as standard is probably the best option.
Other option is a cheap pattern exhaust, will be mild steel so it'll rust, but that's no different than the standard system I suppose.
Thank you for the reply ,the exhaust is a little like triggers broom ,it’s had several back box’s and middle sections ,but never the cat replaced,due to the fact its now given up the ghost and the fact that standard Renault exhaust aren’t available I need another option, just don’t want it to sound like a boy racer.

FH03NCC
I've got a twin resonated Piper exhaust and it's quieter than a stock one and only gets loud if you're flooring it.

That’s brilliant,will have a look into that,appreciate the info and the link👍🏻

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've had a resonated Piper stealth on mine since 2007 and it's still shiny and working perfectly.

Bare in mind whatever stainless system you get it will be extremely loud until it soots up, first time I drove mine with the Piper it gave me temporary tinnitus, took a while to quiet down.

FH03NCC
I've had a resonated Piper stealth on mine since 2007 and it's still shiny and working perfectly.

Bare in mind whatever stainless system you get it will be extremely loud until it soots up, first time I drove mine with the Piper it gave me temporary tinnitus, took a while to quiet down.
Thanks for the message,appreciate the info,it sounds like the piper system is the way to go👍🏻

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i use the cheapo mild steel off the shelf system, sounds similar to standard, been on 3 years with no issues

This is with a decat and 182 manifold

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I had one of those hoffman's exhausts before, very cheap it lasted about 3 years then the mid pipe rusted through and snapped. I bought another and it lasted less than 6months, the rear hanger snapped off the backbox. After that I decided to get the stainless Piper one.

jasonfyfe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Sport
I’ve got the KTR Sport Centre Line and it’s quite droney, and it’s the one with the resonator. Have seen the Milltek recommended by others on this site.