ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust toooo loud!

clio sport 172 2001
ive been reading through the search option and still got it wrong, had an ashley motorsport exhaust system fitted to my 172 phase 1 and my god, sooo loud! is it the back box making it so loud or is it the fact that the middle silencer has been removed and if i replace the back box for a quieter back box will it make a difference?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: Exhaust toooo lound!

What is lound?

Replace middle box is the best option. The more boxes, the quieter it gets.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
You will NEVER make an Ashley any quieter mate always been LOUD and never good sounding either IMO

clio sport 172 2001
but if i just replace the back box and leave the middle section is it poss to make it quieter?

Ph 1 172
i would of thought so if you make it a more restrictive back box. im only working on the bases that my first car i stuck a 5" exhaust on my 1.2 and it made it very loud so when i put a small one back on it went really uite again so surely the noise is dependant on all sections of the exhaust not just the mid section