ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust whistle

Clio 2.0 182
Happy new year to everybody :)

i got a scorpion exhaust fitted and as soon as it was fitted, when i go above 5K RPM it whistles, sounds like its coming from under passenger area,

it still has a cat and i want to get it decatted, would this solve it ?

Regards.

It will be the cat to exhaust joint, 100%.

If it's still using the olive joint, get your cat sleeved and get rid of that nasty joint.

Had mine done by Fred when I had the Yozza, stopped the whistling completely :smile:

Clio 2.0 182
Thankyou. I am going to purchase a de-cat pipe and get that fitted, once sealed it will cure my problem :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thankyou. I am going to purchase a de-cat pipe and get that fitted, once sealed it will cure my problem :smile:
First of all . The Decat will add Zero difference to performance . Secondly , the Decat will have the same oilve joint as your Cat and will most likely leak again in time , causing it to blow or whistle again . So you'll be back to square one .

BG Clio 182
Decat will add a bit of performance if there is a remap, plus they sound good. but yeah you will eventually have to replace the clamp as it goes through heat cycles and bends.

Clio 2.0 182
The car has been remapped.

so you say eventually i will be back to square one having replaced the cat because of the olive joint? what do i put in place of the olive joint?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You might see a couple of bhp with it remapped . You'll have more noise for sure . You have 2 options , keep replacing the clamp/ seal it everytime it statrs blowing , or get it sleeved like @Addicted said . If you do a search for sleeved cat you'll find out what it entails .