ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust wrap v. Ceramic Coating

Clio
I am thinking of wraping my manifold and down pipe or maybe having it ceramic coated.

I have seen Camcoat (www.camcoat.co.uk) but has anyone got experience of Zircotec (see www.zircotec.org) who seem to do a much thicker coating than anyone else. They claim its used on F1 and the Konnexzegg supercar. I bet its good stuff - but does it cost more than wrap :dapprove: ?

Lionel Richie
there's some "hearsay" knocking about when it comes to wrapping

yes - if it isn't done right you'd be better off pissing into the wind! (gaps etc etc etc)

moisture is b****cks IMO, do you know how hot they get? water evaporates at 100degC remember ;)

ValverInBits
I've also looked into it. Wrapping is a bit cheaper than HALF the price of ceramic. To me, with my wallet, it's a bit of a no brainer, but if i had the cash i'd be getting ceramic defo