ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ceramic Coatings!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Has anyone got any experience using ceramic (long life) coatings?

My S2000 was coated a few years back. The coating is still going strong but I’m having the front bumper repainted because I hit a stone on the way back from it’s MOT (doh).

I’ll need to lightly correct the new paint then ceramic the bumper.

As the S2000 bumper is small and relatively intricate I was thinking about hand correction (orange hex hand pad using an AIO). I do own a DA but it’s probably a bit overkill for something so small. My AIO of choice would probably be Angel Wax Enigma. I’d then panel wipe and apply something like EXO v4.

Reading up online though, people suggest laying down CSL prior to applying EXO. It’s not a must but advisable.

I believe the rest of the car was caused in Gtechniq V3 pro grade ceramic originally.

Any thoughts?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Evo v4 by itself I think only lasts about a year. I had CSL+Exo v4 done about a year and a half ago now and it's still going strong. I do top up with C2v3. I can definitely recommend it and will not hesitate to get the same done on any future car.

If you wanted something long life and you had to pick one I'd go CSL and then use the C2v3 as a top up for the extra beading.

Clio182
Evo v4 by itself I think only lasts about a year. I had CSL+Exo v4 done about a year and a half ago now and it's still going strong. I do top up with C2v3. I can definitely recommend it and will not hesitate to get the same done on any future car.

If you wanted something long life and you had to pick one I'd go CSL and then use the C2v3 as a top up for the extra beading.
Are these the products you’re mentioning?
Gtechniq EXOv3 & Crystal Serum Light Ceramic Composite Coating Paint Protection 30ml Bundle https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077J6XV6Q/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's the one but Exo V3 is the old version though Exo V4 is an improved version as V3 was prone to having waterspot issues in some cases.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't an AIO and then panel wipe defeat the purpose of the AIO? I've used enigma and it's an amazing product but it lays down fillers and a protective layer which I'm not sure you'll fully remove with a panel wipe.

I'd stick to a paint cleaner or light polish, then panel wipe to leave a truly clean surface for the coating to bond to.