ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust

hi there, this might seem like a bit of a strange question but does anyone know the length of the rear box on valvers?? including the pipe, its just i want a custom jobbie doing and want to know what length to order, and before any of you say, i cant measure underneath as my rear bumper is too low!!! cheers

eh? Dont they make custom exhausts to the length which fits?

Powerflow did - they put it on, made it the right length so it stuck out enough but not too much..

sorry, im getting it done by a local guy who is coming off the existing exhaust, i said i would buy the back box and he would would do what needs doing to get it done, he did say though to get the shortest box available, does that make more sense?? cheers

Heh, I think I know.. you getting a backbox on its own, like Powerflow do, but not having it done by them - but someone you know.

Ignore me then.. hehe.

no worries mate, it wasnt very clear, its a mate who is doing it for such a good price!!!! its not just a back box, he is making it into centre exit for me, thats why the new back box i buy needs to be as small in length as possible!!! oh and does anyone know if the 10% discount we get at ascar (exhaustsuk i think) is only appliable if i order on the net?? cheers

Willy2

ian i dont know if this any use to you but i have a powerflow backbox sitting in my garage, if you want it, i only wanted £50 for it. if you want a pic let me know

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by Rajk on 12 September 2003

ian i dont know if this any use to you but i have a powerflow backbox sitting in my garage, if you want it, i only wanted £50 for it. if you want a pic let me know
And what car was it originally designed for??

sorry i forgot about this post!! how wide is the tailpipe in total?? how could you get the tailpipe changed? thats more or less the style i want, but i really wanted a really wide oval tailpipes?? the one ive seen is 10 inches across!!!!:devilish:, but presumably if powerflow could change it over, they could put whatever i want on there??? cheers buddy

Willy2

i will measure it up, i will ask my mate if he can change the tail pipe, i will get more pics of the tailpipe as it looks quite tame there!

Willy2

just done it, the pipes are 3 and a quarter inch each, so together they are 6 and a half inches wide!

not sure mate, i think i want something wider than that, i think if im gonna go centre exit, its gotta be pretty mad to get away with it!! cheers

i really like the one from exhausts uk, its ten inches wide, twin oval pipes, pretty mad, not too ott, cheers, i think its in the wideboyz section! cheers