ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhausts...

So the exhaust on my 182 is blowing by the center section, almost level with the door.. The cat bit?

its due a mot soon, so I need to sort it. Any recommendations on where to start looking?

I guess it needs a new system as I think it's standard ATM, but I don't want to spend if I don't have too.

i like noise & enjoy the sound of the car as it is even with my elder years..., but not stupid noises... Extra bhp is always good... But do I look at trying to fix or replace with 2nd hand.

Many.
Most likely the cat to centre section join, I forget the name for the kind of join, but its pretty bad. Best to take it to a decent exhaust place and have them sleeve it.

172 cup
Olive joint. There are a few people on here who modify the joint to a sleeved one, search "cat mod" for more info.

I need to order a new U clamp myself, bolts where stupidly long and as I didnt bother to cut them down they are bent from speed bumps.

This one here seems to be the right size and the bolts look a decent length.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110804972414?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

A tube of high temp silicone and 10 mins under the car should see it fixed. If you don't have the tools, possibly buy the clamp and ask a tyre and exhaust place to fit it.

Aha I think I have sussed it now.. The car has always been quite loud, and whistles under throttle, but much more noticeable of late.. Sounded ok to be fair :evil: I came into my road the other day and there was a Big Bang ... Couldn't work out what it was.. Since then exhaust has been blowîng a lot. Today it's been bad.. Sounds like a tank and limiter drops in at 5500.. When I drove in again tonight another bang and I realised that I'm bottoming out on the stops for our gates, a big lump of metal sticking up. I guess it has knocked/cracked the pipe by the cat. Round section of silencer?