ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive FRP!!! - Surely a typo error!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's Ron Hodgson. He'll still be selling it in 10 years.

Advert is s**t and his pictures are always s**t.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At least it's got the standard tailpipe!

He hasn't mentioned one real important thing about the car.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Clio 172
At least it's got the standard tailpipe!

He hasn't mentioned one real important thing about the car.

Alcon service? - At that age surely you would have wanted the front callipers serviced?

Can't believe how slow they are.

You don't buy these for the speed.

If any of you are on ZSOC - go check out a progress thread of one which is Cat C, it's unreal how well the car has been rebuilt - in-fact here are one or two pictures;

ramp_1_zps382d0a40.jpg

Ramp_6_zps3888b6b8.jpg

Ramp_5_zpsb766c23c.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ron Hodgson seems to always overprice his cars! Always good examples though, it's round the corner from my mates so go in and browse when bored.

He's been going since I've been driving though so must be doing something right! He's come a long way too, to be fair. Used to sell a lot of the lower end stuff in the 90s

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone attacked that steering wheel with a suede brush and ruined it..lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha. I like the look of them. Apart from bits of the blue interior. Just seems such a shame about the power. Should have been the 2.0T surely with all the hype around it.

Is that article actually a good read? Need something to keep me busy.

Not as good as Evos article (magazine) but well worth it. Did you enjoy your drive in the Frp?

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not as good as Evos article (magazine) but well worth it. Did you enjoy your drive in the Frp?

I didn't say I had driven one?

Just read that article though, quite a good read thanks.

Would love to drive one and see what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Although I expect that people who do own them wouldn't take them anywhere near a track, which is where they're meant to shine. I've certainly not seen one on my travels.

Do think it should have been given the MK1 FRS engine though!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn't say I had driven one?

Just read that article though, quite a good read thanks.

Would love to drive one and see what all the fuss is about to be honest.

Although I expect that people who do own them wouldn't take them anywhere near a track, which is where they're meant to shine. I've certainly not seen one on my travels.

Do think it should have been given the MK1 FRS engine though!

I assumed when you said it was underpowered that you had driven one. Seems a strange statement to make given that you haven't driven one? No?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've driven one. Nicely balanced little car to be honest. Not worth that money, not in a million years. Certainly better than the standard pumas, but then that isn't saying much.

Would have been an epic little car with the right engine in it.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I assumed when you said it was underpowered that you had driven one. Seems a strange statement to make given that you haven't driven one? No?

I don't need to lol. With only 150 bhp and 120 ft lbs to carry that weight around. Even the book figures show it's lacking power.

Not saying it's not fun on da twisties. It may well be. I certainly wouldn't turn a drive in one down because I'd like to find out.

Mazda Mx-5s are fun. But they too are under powered.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a tenuous point, even for CS!

Martin, you've never driven an F1 car IIRC so you're not in a position to say whether sub 3 sec 0-60 is fast IIRC. Every time Gally gets all defensive I think of this :)

[youtube]xuMojX-jWxQ[/youtube]

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Such a tenuous point, even for CS!

Martin, you've never driven an F1 car IIRC so you're not in a position to say whether sub 3 sec 0-60 is fast IIRC. Every time Gally gets all defensive I think of this :)

[youtube]xuMojX-jWxQ[/youtube]

Video is brilliant.

No idea what you're second sentence is about though. Just a completely random thing to say

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea what you're second sentence is about though.

R.e. not needing to drive an FRP to know 8.8sec to 60 is slow. Gally appeared to be implying that you do need to drive one, though I may have mistaken sarcasm for a genuine question etc. when he asked if you'd driven one.

I don't know whose youtube channel that is, but there are a few funny CS related ones. Think they came from the original "best cash price" thread, but all the links in the thread are invalid now.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
R.e. not needing to drive an FRP to know 8.8sec to 60 is slow. Gally appeared to be implying that you do need to drive one, though I may have mistaken sarcasm for a genuine question etc. when he asked if you'd driven one.

I don't. It is lol! I guess it depends what you are used to though.

As said, I'd be happy to drive one if the opportunity ever arises :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Flol at the video. CS when it was funny. <3 the Brown guy!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  206,172 Cup,focus,X5
I swear all of his cars are rotters/massively over priced!

100% agree, ive read some bad threads on www.passionford.com about people who have bought from him and have been sold s**tters and paid big money. he does his own MOT's on site so he can basically do what the fook he wants

TBH the list of cars he sells are nice on paper , and he did have , don't know if he still has it , had a RS200 for sale

Bit of Tw@ by the sounds of things

PMSL £13k for a FRP < get a grip Ron

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Boost would ruin it. Personally I thought the power was fine, then again i'm not a quick driver, straight line anyway.

Would have liked the MK6 ST engine as per above, then again as standard it ran less power than the Frp did with a bit more torque.

That Xtranormal thread was Golden CS, proper proper lol worthy!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I still can't quite get my head around the lap times that were posted.