ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive Volvo 340 Day

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Preferred it before
87cbf97114b402a81b9f36d4e606512f.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't really document the amount of break downs I have with this car but.....it's broken down again and pissing coolant everywhere. It also stinks of fuel to such an extent that my eyes sting when driving it.

It's a tough decision but I think I'm going to have to park her up for a bit until I get some more enthusiasm. I'm hopefully moving house and ploughing more money into the 940 isn't a priority at the moment.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a viewer on the 340 last night and to my shock and bewilderment he didn't buy it! I think I'm losing my touch! It's now the first car I've not sold to the first viewer. He did come with his father and I could see from tn moment that he pulled up that pops wasn't impressed.

IMG_3902.JPG

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Had a viewer on the 340 last night and to my shock and bewilderment he didn't buy it! I think I'm losing my touch! It's now the first car I've not sold to the first viewer. He did come with his father and I could see from tn moment that he pulled up that pops wasn't impressed.

View attachment 187294

Ah well car looks mint what you have it up for now the body work has been done?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Going by how the diff made the rear tyres skip on set off, I'd be surprised he made out of Selby's maze of roundabouts without a brown moment

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Going by how the diff made the rear tyres skip on set off, I'd be surprised he made out of Selby's maze of roundabouts without a brown moment
My impreza does that with its plated diffs, but i have all 4 wheel's making that noise and its probable worse tbh. 😂

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I much preferred the days when drifters all just ruined 3-series compacts. Now all of those are smashed up they’re moving onto the next victim. I know someone who’s gone into a partnership with another couple of owners and they’ve stockpiled like two shipping containers full of 340 and 360 spares to keep them away from the drifters 😂

There was someone selling a 136 mile GL the other day. £5750.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
People were drifting 340's many years ago, one of the first go-to cars, even back when S13's were cheap.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Get another 340, fit this little beastie. Volvo R-Sport 340 Turbo rallycross engine

nc_oc=AQnCnycFVVoHcJ54VYSEPtsq3-7ge4UTvEi11TE5ie8w2PCq_ztc8MQlxtCLAN4VUUg&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQkfTJ7fXwUGQJOHdAmhJ8CDJdWfin4AR3irsNbGGjZYxrXT3wDxQjbUkNoeMJrekdI&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

Stav Tech said:
This engine is, just like the production Volvo 340 engines, a Renault based one, being the same basic engine in things like the Renault 5 Gordini Turbo, R5 Alpine, mid-engine Renault 5 Turbo etc, so the 1.4ltr block etc like the more common Renault 5 GT Turbo engine (And countless other small capacity Renaults for decades- The Cleon, or C engine), but with the better flowing crossflow cylinder head only used on a few high performance versions.

I've very few details on the exact spec of this engine, but you can see from the pictures it's fuel injected, runs what looks like a KKK K26 turbo with external gate, dry sump oil setup, and more.

What is odd for a race engine, and maybe they’ve just used it as a plug to keep dirt out, but that’s a MAF sensor on the inlet manifold. Can’t imagine they ever ran one though.

This engine made 250bhp+ (Full on developments of these made 300bhp+) if I remember right from the 1.4ltr (stroked to 1.6 maybe? Some were, forget now).