ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expensive Volvo 340 Day

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
As I'm sure a lot of you know, I like old volvos, especially rwd ones.

I saw a 340 1.7 and I loved it. My mind fill d with thoughts of banded steels, lows and Weber carbs so I bought it in the dark for £950. It had a welded diff and drove ok for a 30yr old car.

I got it home and binned it on a roundabout on the way home in a drift incident. No damage, just popped a tyre so swapped for the spare and moved on.

Went to wash it the following day and started to find rust. The drivers door had a hole in it which I could handle but I then went on to find the the panel above the rear number plate was made up of more air than metal.

I lost it, angry and upset I advertised on facebook for £500 and sold it within hours. I could have got more but I wanted Shut.

A £450 loss in one day - I'm sticking with the 940!

IMG_1827.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG

EP3 Type R
Certainly broken your record for shortest time owning a car, fair play! As soon as you said 340 I recalled that slammed one on banded steelies at the Malton meet!

Listerine & Poledo
I saw a 340 1.7 and I loved it. My mind fill d with thoughts of banded steels, lows and Weber carbs so I bought it in the dark for £950. It had a welded diff and drove ok for a 30yr old car.

I got it home and binned it on a roundabout on the way home in a drift incident. No damage, just popped a tyre so swapped for the spare and moved on.
The sound of inevitability.

Listerine & Poledo
Being 36 I can appreciate these now, bit of fun etc. When I was growing up the only people who had them were posh people with bright kids. We were skint and had a cavalier lol
My mates old dear used to have a 360, I think.
Manual choke? Pulling it at 70mph created an awesome smokescreen.

Clio 182 - RB
Talk about LOLvo, teach you to buy a car in the dark. Jokes aside, unlucky pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane Trophy No.183
I usually agree with your purchases but not this one!

ian 182

ClioSport Club Member
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I remember a guy years ago round my way with a black 360 GLT (I think) and I used to love it.

Mercury Clio 182
When I was a kid, a mate of mine's mom had a brown one with a brown interior! No rear seat belts. Smelt funny too.