ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ext temp gauge; bonkers

VW Potato

today, my Clio told me it 0degrees outside. A bit later, it told me it was -0degrees outside.... to minus figure or not?

g

GR7

Shiny red R32

Does what?

A few months ago I had to have a new exterior temperature sensor because when it was about 15 degrees it was showing 32!!

Wish it was 32 now!! It is very sunny but very cold up here in Scotland (Edinburgh).

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah it does minus! Mine was at -1 the other day! It just doesnt show the decimal point, as in -0.5 etc

H22A7 Accord Type R

........its only a toy for show tho init! cant expect to predict the weather on it can we lol! Its strange tho, when i get in my van, i find myself lookin for it on a cold morning, so i guess it is useful in certain weather!!!!! boys and their toys! (and girls)

Mine does go past -0 its just that i meant its weird cos surely it should be either 0 or -1?

Mine was at -4 this morn! And the bloody thing stalled, again!

Clio 197

Mine hasnt got up to 0 lately so I couldnt tell you. It seems to be stuck around -3. I seem to remember a -0 reading though....

VW Potato

ok, so Im getting both -0 and just 0 without the -. It reads -0 after it has read -1. Oh, and I got -3 yesterday (coldest so far was in my Golf last year which read -8!)

I do find it useful - flashing away at 3deg reminds you to be cautious of ice (im sure you are anyway!)

g

H22A7 Accord Type R

lol, when i first got the car i thought it was broken..............i said to myself im sure it never flashed before!!! lol. I thought it might do somethin spectacular at 0 or minus, but it didnt! Ah well............. lol

VW Potato

well, you were winning until you admitted to wearing scarf and gloves, ya big girls blouse :D minus 7 is shorts and t-shirt weather!

g

I had -9 in Belgium on wednesday, I was on the motorway coming back from Brugge so I guess it was "wind chill factor" or something like that.:eek:

172 sport,

lmao mine read -2 this morning then up to -1 when i got to work , strangely though my lorry said it was -4, although it hasnt been started for 2 weeks so might be a bit colder

H22A7 Accord Type R

yogi...............not meaning to sound silly or sexist or anything, but u r a Trucker???? Gawd! just going on the little miss giggle bit. Ur 172 must b quick after driving a truck lol

172 sport,

nah nothing sexist about a 29 yr old BLOKE driving a lorry for a living, its an 8x4 daf tipper with a 340 bhp turbo intercooler 24 valve lump, when empty you can get the ass right out on r/bouts etc , much fun to be had at this time of year . oh yeah miss giggles is so named because she always makes me smile when i drive her :D

Clio 197

Yogi,

Lorries are a gas arent they? Takes a fair bit of skill, and when you are racing, nobody else knows!

Ed

172 sport,

this is true better without the speed limiter working but i know nothing about that ;) was a great laugh today put the diff locks in on the tip as usual but then left em in by the jetty and proceeded to do a few donuts in it 6th gear all 8 rear wheels spinning sideways just glad the boss wasnt there or ill have me p45 by now

Clio 197

-10 on mine this morning here in Luxembourg. And I have to change my ignition leads and pluge today. Dont look forward to that....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

-6 in Scotland,

Isnt -0 actually from 0 to -0.5

and 0 is 0 to 0.5 or somthing like that ?

oh and wind chill doesnt affect inanamite objects.

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah _KDF............it just doesnt show the decimals 0 to 0.9 before it goes to 1 and vice versa, but all we see is -0 0 or 1 or -1 or -2 or +30 lol! etc etc

Clio 197

Whilst changing my plugs and leads the temp went down to -11 and during my little drive through the country side it went to -12.

Can you say cold fingers?

Clio 197

I wish they were numb! They hurt like hell. Still functioned though, but I wouldnt want to do it every day.

Toes were nice and cosy with wooly socks and hiking boots.