ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extending iPhone/iPad charging lead...?

Might be a simple answer of "get a USB extension cable", but wondered how I can extend the length of the charging lead for the iPhone and iPad? The current ones don't reach far/high enough both at home and at work and I've made do for a while with about five chargers in different places... wondered if there was an easier way!

Cheers.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'd say try a usb extension, but ipad charging is a black art so unless you use the ipad charger with the extension it may not work.

You can also get longer sync leads, but those tend to cost more than extending USB.

OK cheers Tom, they're cheap enough and work might even have one lying around... I'll give it a go.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've used USB extensions without any issues. It doesn't look that good though :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The OH bought a multi-pack think with white lead, plug and connectors ect from somewhere, the plug/charger was about an extra 30-40cm longer than the Apple one.

Works fine.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I've always thought and needed exactly the same, surprised Apple don't make a longer one

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Works ipad is connected to a 20m usb extension lead and it works fine.

DB.

BMW 440i
I was looking at the little extensions you get on Amazon last night.

£4.99 but don't know what they would be like.

Need it for my glovebox mdi kit in the golf so i can have the iPod in the centre section!