ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F(*&ing 4k rattle...incurable :-0

I was starting to get the 4k rattle so Ive now replaced the whole standard exhaust system with a stainless Devil de-cat pipe and a stainless steel system.

This fixed it for a few hundred miles, but....... :cry: its back again. So.....is there really no known fix for it?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

So you still get the 4k rattle even with a non standard system?! :confused:

Ill try and get under the car and rattle some of the heat shields as Arjun suggests. This is starting to get really annoying.

Rhys, before they replaced my centre section, the dealer tried replacing the heat shield bolts with shorter ones as they thought they were touching the body. Maybe worth a look?

320d M Sport

yeah, on mine it was BOTH the centre section (reno replaced) AND the heat shield, never had it since.

Feckin Reno w**k!

Boll*cks, my exhaust has started blowing from somewhere, gotta get it up on the ramps. Started blowing initially after they fitted the new centre section from the joint with the rear section. They re-fitted the joining sleeve and all was well for 4 months, just hope its that again!

VW Potato

i must be the only weirdo who likes the 4k rattle - its more like a angry rasp than a rattle, and I think it overlays the deep engine note really nicely!

g

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by frankthesurf on 23 December 2003

Could be the CAT inside. Seen it happen on other cars.
Doubtful... hes got a de-cat!