ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**kING COPS!

today i got stop at the end of my road... for no reason at all...had my seatbelt on...all insurance ligit..got tax got mot.

they started inspecting the car and when they started to get down on their knees and getting dirty i started laughing. i couldnt believe it...it was like they were looking for a bomb.

then one of them started giving me a lecture about the car is too low which is illegal...i have had a 40mm drop...then he said that my bonnet pins are illegal...and my wheels are too big for the car.

i couldnt believe what he was chatting about. He inspected every bit of the car. he even made me take of my bonnet.

he walked over and told me the car is now illegal to be on the road.. i need a new mot...i cant move the car. he gave me three points and a £60 fine i nearlly hit him....i couldnt believe what just happened to me.

what can i do...who do i hit...lol iam serious though..this has really pissed me off and ruined my holiday which is coming up.

sounds b****cks to me, get the MOT when you pass 1st time (im assuming you will) then speak to citizens advice and see what you can do about the points and fine, sounds like the bloke is a complete c*nt to me

big red bus

Bullsh*t !!! they cant do that !!!

get a mechanic to check it over, find out if there lying or not, then if there lying, take em to court m8 !!! reporting em is the 1st thing if u have a name or badge numba, or car Reg.

:mad:

Good Luck M8, Hope this helps you !!!

Vee dub

Cant believe this!

Id appeal against this if you can! unbelievable, surely theyve got OFFENDERS to sort out!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

b******s mate!!! but tell me this are coppers trained mechanics???? NO so fight it if i were you!!! i got 3 points and a £60 fine the other week for parking on the zig zags of a pelican crossing just as i was getting money out of a cash machine!!!! by the way if youve got points what code would that go down as e.g. sp30 etc! mine was a pc30 for stoppin on the zig zags!

Surely points go on the licence and not on the car therefore you can only get points for bad driving e.g speeding, D.U.I etc. not how low the car is or what size rims are on it! Total b*****ks speak to C.A.B or another police force or something!

Mazda MX5 1.8

what a big pile of f**kin sh*t! theyre havin a laugh!!!!!!

i didnt think cars can be illegal if they r too low? as long as they aint doing damage to the road and arent driving stupidly slow and causing a obstruction? ---------i dont really KNOW at all but surely thats common sence (altho as we are all aware this country has a lack of that)

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by FATBOY on 13 May 2004

b******s mate!!! but tell me this are coppers trained mechanics???? NO so fight it if i were you!!! i got 3 points and a £60 fine the other week for parking on the zig zags of a pelican crossing just as i was getting money out of a cash machine!!!! by the way if youve got points what code would that go down as e.g. sp30 etc! mine was a pc30 for stoppin on the zig zags!
You serious? Why dont they show a bit of common sense and just give you a warning of what can happen if you do this again etc? A fine maybe.... but points!!!?

TDI tyre shreader

can you not get a mechanics report take it down the cop shop that bacon roll is from and tell him to stick his boredom up his arse and to go do his job rather than wasting everyones time.

Clio Sport 172

but everyone who goes southends cars are similar or more modded than that lower in fact. i actually cant belive it. i never post normally but was really pi**ed off when i read this. i would seek advice if i was you :mad:

ive just read up on this sublject..... usually what "an officer" would do is issue a form - VDRS (vehicle rectification scheme) this gives you the opportunity to have what ever defect the police are alledging repaired, when its repaired you take it for a re-MOT and they will stamp your VDRS form.... But im sure if you take the car to a garrage they will pass it as road legal neway.... i cant really see the car from the picture enough to make a judgement but aslong as your rims dont hang out of the arches and your tyres are ok .... then i dont see they have a problem? theres no law stating the size of wheels to cars to my knowledge anyway. If there was they would have a field day stopping BMW X5s.... i think you have jus had an inexperienced officer dealing mate.

big red bus

Cops tried making out my bros 1.2 was a 2.0 clio wen we got pulled :D Wankas ;) shows how much they kno !!!

54 astravan 1.7tdci

that car is probably in good condition. why dont they pick on people in dangerous sheds with no tax/mot and insurance.

Clio Sport 172

the truth is they have nuffing better to do there is major crime in my area drug dealers car thefts under age driveing all that. but all i ever do is see the police down the town pulling people over for haveing break lights out and various other stupid things and issueing these car defect notes.

the thing that really winds me up is we pay these peoples wages

Hi mate, get the cops number off the producer he gave you, go to the police station and tell them you would like to make a complaint against that officer and tell them the whole story.

[Edited by Barryd on 13 May 2004 at 7:49pm]

[Edited by Barryd on 13 May 2004 at 7:52pm]

Volvo S60 T5

As an mot tester myself, a lowered car is not illegal and fully roadworthy, bonnet pins are not illegal (they are if they cause a danger to other road users i.e sharp), and the wheels would only fail the mot test if the hit the arches, otherwise all ok.

I would have slaughtered them big time if they had tried this with me, did you get the badge numbers from them, if not phone the station and ask for the badge numbers of the officers and proceed to file a complaint against them!

If it was me I would have asked if they are qualifued to make that sort of assesment at the side of the road and told them the mot regulations to the word, after testing for 10 years I can remember most of it word for word.

I think the police go way over the top, the amount of 14 day fault rectification notices I see that are issued for items that would not be part of the mot test is shocking.

If I failed cars for some of the reasons they have issued then I would be struck off from testing!

Ford Fiesta

was he a traffic officer? does sound a tad harsh to say the least were there any other circumstances eg your driving etc

parking on zig zag lines is a £60 and 3 points, and this is a harsh penalty also in my opinion.

Fatboy, Traffic Officers do all actually go on the MOT inspectors course, which is why they are able to give out the PG9 Prohibition Notice which Pie has received now. Did they place the notice on the car there and then, or give you 20 minutes or whatever you needed to get the car home again? Either way, the only time the car is allowed to be driven now is to a pre-booked appointment for an MOT. To remove the prohibition, an MOT inspection must be carried out and the Removal notice stamped as well as the MOT certificate. This has to be presented at a police station then in order to get the car un-flagged on PNC. What i would suggest is that you carry out the MOT first and if it does pass, and is in exactly the same condition it was in when the PG9 was issued then Id suggest you do have obvious grounds to appeal the points and will hopefully prevent them going on your licence at all.

Btw, if the car was in a dangerous condition it is endorsable and can be much worse than your average SP30.

Let me know what happens with it mate.

What a crock of sh*te... He must have been taking the piss? How high is the car from the floor? How can wheels be too big for the car? Jeez... what a t*sser! Id be on the phone tomorrow to the DVLA or whoever the hell it is that would know about this sort of stuff.

The only thing I could possibly think was illegal would be the bonnet pins but even then its taking the piss. Look at the old Mercs with the star sticking up...

Id do some research on tinternet, measure height from floor to bottom of splitter etc. Then get the car checked out at an MOT station and if all is OK, fight it mate... Theyve obviously got nowt better to do...

Sh*t like this really does f**k me off... T*SS POTS! :mad:

Hell have looked any part of the inner arch for signs it ever touched and used that as grounds along with the pins, and because you laughed at him hell have given you the most trouble he was allowed to. What a set of supposedly proffesional t**sers!

I had a similar thing years ago with my XR2 - it was totaly standard and in the days a XR2 was seen as quick LOL - I stopped and told I must have stolen it at first then they proceeded to search every inch. You know sometimes when the police just simply have it in for you. They told me is was lowered and the bodykit I have stuck on was illegal!! LOL

It was all totally standard - I took the manual and some pics down the police station where I met a policeman with some knowlege who found it all very amusing - anyway I got off sort of as I hadnt done anything and he said the entire force would hear about these 2 pillocks that stopped me.

Mind you I got stopped once in my Fiesta Turbo - I thought WTF had i done wrong as I was only 50% of the way on a very long journey and taking it easy - the Officer wanted to see my car and look under the bonnet. I was asked to take him a quick spin - class - sound bloke!

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 13 May 2004

parking on zig zag lines is a £60 and 3 points, and this is a harsh penalty also in my opinion.

No it isnt. You are blocking the view of other traffic and putting pedestrians in danger.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

thing is it was a one way road!!! and i was parked on the left hand side of the crossin zig zags so traffic would of only been coming from the right!!!! but i hold my hands up i was in the wrong!!!!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 13 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by FATBOY on 13 May 2004

You serious? Why dont they show a bit of common sense and just give you a warning of what can happen if you do this again etc? A fine maybe.... but points!!!?
and tom s yes im serious!!! i was gutted! to say the least only drew out a tenner to get a £1.80 pint of stella and got collared so that pint cost me £61.80

Willy2

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 13 May 2004

Fatboy, Traffic Officers do all actually go on the MOT inspectors course, which is why they are able to give out the PG9 Prohibition Notice which Pie has received now. Did they place the notice on the car there and then, or give you 20 minutes or whatever you needed to get the car home again? Either way, the only time the car is allowed to be driven now is to a pre-booked appointment for an MOT. To remove the prohibition, an MOT inspection must be carried out and the Removal notice stamped as well as the MOT certificate. This has to be presented at a police station then in order to get the car un-flagged on PNC. What i would suggest is that you carry out the MOT first and if it does pass, and is in exactly the same condition it was in when the PG9 was issued then Id suggest you do have obvious grounds to appeal the points and will hopefully prevent them going on your licence at all.

Btw, if the car was in a dangerous condition it is endorsable and can be much worse than your average SP30.

Let me know what happens with it mate.
spot on liam, Pie give us the number of the copper who issued the ticket, he probably works in the same place as me, with it being low I cant believe he would give a dangerous condition for that, if you had bulges in your tyres that would be a different matter. Did he mention anything about an emmisions test? Do the bonnet pins have any sharp edges?

My car is low with standard rims, I have never had any problems and i work in a traffic Garage, I had a loud exhaust on my valver and got a serious telling off by the chief superintendant.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

there was 4 cops puttin letters on peoples cars near the uni, saying they cant park here the detail have been taken etc... but no fine??

4 cops to deal with some daft parkin problems and no real crime commited

what is this country coming to..

172, Tiguan

This is the sort of thing that gives the police a bad name.

What a w**ker, make sure you follow though all lines of complaint against him.