ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F-Type

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Saw this a few months ago in camo, i think it looks really good.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The only issue with jag at the moment is they don't have a person to design the seating positions, the offered it to a friend of mine but she would rather do a PHD first, but apparently they keep contacting her asking how to do things. Sounds farfetched but is actually true.

WRX
Wait until you hear one, the video doesn't do it justice. One of the sexiest engine notes ever and very nice up close, working there does have some perks.

Disastra Coupe
My boss has been looking at these, i don't think he'll get one though he's too tight. Prices start around 60k iirc?
Nice cars though! I really like the look of them.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Very nice looking car, I'm a fan of the XF and XJ as well in the right colours.
Whats the deal with the shifting, has one car in the vid got flappy paddles and the other some kind of sequential style gear shifting?
Definitely an age thing, maybe I'll be able to afford one when I'm 40 :eek:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
New jags are moving forward.Lovely design and really well made.

Father in law has recently bought a new XF and they must be one of the best running daytime lights set up around,they look great.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Even the 'basic' S version with a super charged V6 is drop dead gorgeous!

la_marmitta_della_jaguar_f_type_e_italiana_21391.jpg
jaguar-al-salone-di-parigi-2012_8.jpg

jaguar-al-salone-di-parigi-2012_7.jpg
jaguar-al-salone-di-parigi-2012_9.jpg

Love it!

Saw this in evo last month. Stunning bit of kit. Unashamedly marketed for a younger audience and all the better for it IMO.

WRX
The plan is basically a Boxster rival so they are telling us. They are relying on selling a LOT! Had a lovely brochure given to us the other day. No performance figures yet though, being on XJ I don't get to hear everything but will try and update with info I'm allowed to.

The plan is basically a Boxster rival so they are telling us. They are relying on selling a LOT! Had a lovely brochure given to us the other day. No performance figures yet though, being on XJ I don't get to hear everything but will try and update with info I'm allowed to.

Jaguars own figures depending on the engine:-

F-Type 3.0 V6 - 340PS engine - 0-60 5.1s - top speed 161mph (From £58,600)
F-Type S 3.0 V6 - 380PS engine - 0-60 4.8s - top speed 171mph (From £67,500)
F-Type S 5.0 V8 - 495 PS engine - 0-60 4.2s - top speed 186mph (From £79,950)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Surely the X152 is the boxster rival?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The F Type is the X152. I'll wait until when it's launched to see the quality.

Where on XJ do you work, Madgit?

WRX
Their words that they tell me lol. How many I've heard they think they'll shift is staggering. Whether they do or not is another matter. Officially tested figures might differ to what's being banded about.
Ado - XJ Wheel fit. So I'm not exactly at the top of the info chain but hear the gossip.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The F Type is the X152. I'll wait until when it's launched to see the quality.

Where on XJ do you work, Madgit?

All the spy shots i've seen of the X152 look just like a baby XK. They have radically change the appearance if thats the case. Looks frickin awesome.

I'm a bit concerned that they put a car on a stand with a door that doesn't fit, and a boot lid that looks like it isn't quite closed.

I'm don't like of the looks overall. It appears to be styled to be 'pretty'. The kind of car that girls and people with fancy hair cuts swoon over. Not really my thing.

Panel gaps are a bit of a worry on that as you say, given it was going to be looked at by the press and public you'd have thought they'd have made sure the car was defect free before letting it be used.

It certainly points to serious quality issues. TBF that's expected and entirely normal for early units, but the fact that the stand car looks like its been thrown together, says to me that the problems are either proving difficult to rectify, or that that they actually don't care. Both equally worrying for a £60,000 motor car. Anyone think Porsche would put a car on a stand with a dodgy boot lid and a door that looks like its falling off?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Jaguars own figures depending on the engine:-

F-Type 3.0 V6 - 340PS engine - 0-60 5.1s - top speed 161mph (From £58,600)
F-Type S 3.0 V6 - 380PS engine - 0-60 4.8s - top speed 171mph (From £67,500)
F-Type S 5.0 V8 - 495 PS engine - 0-60 4.2s - top speed 186mph (From £79,950)

In this months EVO they have thes prices layed out side by side with a Boxter S column at one end (£45,384) and a 911 cab at the other end (£79,947).
Whack a few options on a Boxter S....

One assumes that the UK prices will be offset against far cheaper US ones? I can see this being a big hit in the USA at the right price. From what I know, the Jaguar brand is held in pretty high esteem over there. In the UK, where I think a lot of people would rather have a cheaper Porsche, maybe not so much.

Inferno 182
Love this! I'm guessing they've tried to make it look like a modern E-Type. And done a very good job of it!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
One assumes that the UK prices will be offset against far cheaper US ones? I can see this being a big hit in the USA at the right price. From what I know, the Jaguar brand is held in pretty high esteem over there. In the UK, where I think a lot of people would rather have a cheaper Porsche, maybe not so much.

This

WRX
In all fairness, the tolerance on our bumper gaps etc is tiny now so I'm sure they won't put up with bad fit on production run. I know it should be good on show cars too. (Haven't seen the gap properly)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Does BIW still use a hammer to make the door fit? tbh Fit on the f type is a nightmare due to the shape. The rear fender will prove troublesome.

When is XJ production starting in china? Still on for 2014?