ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2009

I've said it before, but the Ferrari is f*cking gorgeous!

i dont like it when u post serious, it means i have too do it...

the fezza does look beautiful,, i think its partially down to the single colour scheme as the pre season williams looks good too.

im not a fan of the McLarens but im really liking the flow of their car this year, which apparently has been totally setup around the tyres... they know something the others dont?

the renault i will grow too like, i think its just so focused and made for a purpose.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
im not a fan of the McLarens but im really liking the flow of their car this year, which apparently has been totally setup around the tyres... they know something the others dont?

I'm pretty sure Bridgestone leaked info to them about 2009's tyres being round. Sneaky eh?

Insider information FTW.

Turbos.
Side profiles look good but i don't see how people can like the new cars.... the proportions of the front and rear wings are ridiculous!

I spoke to Webber on Saturday and he reckons the Red Bull car is the best looking, but then he would say that!

LOL! no but they developed a tracking/ tyre setup computer in the early 00's which is miles ahead of what any other team has even now. BMW has alot of processing power but macca's just seem to have everything... Danke Norbert Haug unt Mercedes!

iirc renault develop their F1 cars on the M25 orbital after they have been shipped over on a stenna sealine!

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
cant wait to see Neweys car, he seems to do well with rule changes.

Many people have said that the F60 is not race legal, but im sure they will make the changes before Melbourne.

Looks like some teams might be able to run 3 cars...

Side profiles look good but i don't see how people can like the new cars.... the proportions of the front and rear wings are ridiculous!

I spoke to Webber on Saturday and he reckons the Red Bull car is the best looking, but then he would say that!

+1 i cant stand the new front wings and the big fat nosecones, The 2008 cars look so much better imo. The 2009 Renault is possibly the worse F1 car ever!

_45219434_bmw416.jpg

malaysia-heidfeld-bmw.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't think it was possible, but they've made it uglier.
Before:
rf1-4.jpg

After:
iqiem50h3.jpg

4m5fi18u6.jpg

Now excuse me while i go throw up.

i think they look great!

i thought that renault would be dog fast but the extra testing on runways for weeks isnt filling me with confidence, hope they pull it together!

Focus RS Mk1
i really dont think these guys are going for looks though do you? pure functions...if it works and its faster..use it.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Thought i'd pick this up again, as it's just over a month until Oz and i'm starting to get slightly excited. Especially since the news about the possibility of Branson buying Honda.

And, after being silly on Youtube, looking up the Espace F1 etc. I found quite a few decent video's of the January Testing, so just thought i'd add one of the better ones on here ;)

[youtube]4p4NnuWpC24[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The new cars look REALLY heavy, i like the look of them, but they look like kids toys.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I still see RBS ;) lol

I personally think the 2009 cars look a lot more simple and clean compared ot the 2008 cars with all the bits added on for the aero issues. they look kinda a bit more simplified and overall, better imo.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I really cant wait lol, gonna be so different this season. Plus the 09 cars have really grown on me now... I'm starting to actually love them. I can't see many teams running KERS fom the word go, but we'll have to see I suppose.

LOLzer at RBS... Next weekend isn't it, the big announcement?! Could they actually pull out, or is it a fixed term spnsership deal? I'd imagine so anyways

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Isnt RBS owned by the tax payers now?

TBH i dont mind paying for Williams F1. After all, they had a large part to play in the history of Renault Sport

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
forceindiaf1team_2009livery_6.jpg

forceindia_vjm02_2009-17.jpg

tac.png

I think the car looks great. A bit like the Toyota. The livery is also good.
No idea why they are holding a trophy, its not even a F1 one!

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Think they'll all grow on us, going to be very close this year.

Looks like theres going to be 6 cars on the grid with mercedes-benz engines now if 'honda' are on the grid.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
He owns part of Queens Park Rangers, along with Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore

Mallya's involvement would significantly boost the financial muscle of a club already boasting the considerable backing of Briatore, Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal and enhance their chances of making a rapid rise to the Barclays Premier League.

After Manchester City, QPR are already the second richest club in England and Mallya's cash injection will make them even wealthier.