ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R Cam seals

Sell me your 197
Hey blokes,

Does anyone have a diagram of which seals go where in relation to the cams? I have many seals but the diagrams I have aren't clear enough, I can't tell which seals go where.

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not got any diGrams myself i'm afraid but the camshaft seals (timing end) are the same outside diameter but the internal diameters differ; smaller ID is the exhaust cam, larger ID is the inlet/dephaser cam. Clutch end seals are simple as there are two obvious sizes. Dephaser solenoid seal is also unique in its size.

When seating the new seals there outer face should be flush with the outer face of the boss that you're fitting them to. leave them sitting proud or too far in and they wont seal correctly.

Mick

Sell me your 197
Correct me if i'm wrong:

img20111115183302.jpg

They have given me 2 "2 tone" and 2 "tan" seals as well as a smaller one. Only 1 2 tone seal pictured

2 tone seal = Exhaust pully end

tan seal = dephaser pully end

smaller seal = ????

"Caps" = clutch end

What is the smaller seal for, and have they doubled up on cam seals for me or do the other two go somewhere?

Lionel Richie
thats for the VVT solenoid, as mick says make sure when you fit them they're flush with the outer face of the head, will look weird if you're not use to it, but its correct

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Left is for the dephaser/vvc solenoid on the top cover as Fred pointed out above.

Mick