ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R Cam Timing Tool Dimensions

Hi all,

Can anybody who has a set of cam timing tools tell me a few dimensions so that I can knock up some tools to allow me to change the belt on my 172 Cup?

I need to know the two shank diameters of the tdc pin and the length of each shank so that i can turn up a pin to suit.
Also, what thickness is the plate that makes the tools that fits into the ends of the cams?

Accurate sizes would be uselful - i.e. use a micrometer please!!!

Many thanks,

Ray

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Not even that much, about 40 for the cam tool and 8 quid for the crank pin

GSF is 49+vat for teh cam locking tool and pin. Can knock a pin up in my lathe and just cut a bkt out of a bit of steel to make the cam locking tool if I know the sizes.

Hope you can help,

Ray

Clio 172 Cup
Hi Ray

I really should of made mine up but got a bit lazy and bought it in the end, both pins and the cam tool for £33 wasn't too bad. Haven't got it on me at the moment I should be able to get my hands on it at the weekend. I'll post all the dimensions up when I do

James