ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R dephaser removal

2004 clio 182 ff
Hey, I part own a 172 cup with my brother for the pure purpose of having it on track to save my 182.

The issue is that the engine has now covered 115k in the cup and the dephaser has started the usual rattle do obvious route to take it to replace it and the belt as normal.

Due to it being destined for track, if we where to remove the dephaser pulley and dial the cams in to how they would be at full vvt all the time (it would constantly be in vvt on track anyway) would we have any issues with ecu and what would need to be removed from the vvt? I have seen people fit vernier pulleys on these engines before but they are normally fitted with high lift cams and stand alone management.

Any advise please from those tuners out there?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Just fit these and get it mapped to suit!

CamPulleys2.jpg

Evo
I had VVT delete on my old 197 with a CatCams vernier pulley. If anything the power delivery was smoother and on track it felt and revved much better.

172 cup, Impreza P1
They look good, made from 2 old dephasers?

I made the pulley body's and the pulley outer is from old dephasers.

They look like proper vernier pulleys

They are essentially. I thought why re-invent the pulley as the machining work needed to make the teeth would be too costly.

These will be getting tried soon on my car and can make more if there is interest.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Was thinking of making some of these for my f7r engine, wonder if the offset is the same though.

although i would need to collect 2 knackered dephasers....

Trophy Turbo :)
Steve what you've done re dephaser end does work as you'll know as we did the same on the ph1 with the modded exhaust pully :) we had the bolt tigged

172 cup, Impreza P1
Steve what you've done re dephaser end does work as you'll know as we did the same on the ph1 with the modded exhaust pully :) we had the bolt tigged

Cheers Andy! Just started to think I had maybe missed something.:eek:

Evo
Hydraulically adjusts the position of the cam sprocket in relation to the camshaft to either advance or r****d inlet valve timing. Think of it like VTEC in its simplest sense.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Really like the idea, might try to make a set for my f7r if you don't mind me stealing your idea :)