ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f4r enige up to 200/225 bhp.

renault clio
Hi Guys,

im in a bit of a doubt: a the beginning of next year i want to chip bij 172 bij a rs tuner. Engine will run more consistant, but you won't win al lot of hp or torque.
My plan is to put my f4r engine up to 200/225 bhp. That's enough. If i want more i'll by a skyline or an impreza.
What is the best way go get to the 200/225 bhp? I read a lot about itb kits, throttle bodies and turbokits but you guys have the experience for the best way.

Anyone ho can tell me?

Greetz from Lovely Holland;)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
You should hit the 200 mark with cams, itb's and a decent ecu. But if you want any more you need to look at turbo's/chargers.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
200 very trivial, can do that with cams and bodies on a standard engine easily. In fact you can do it with just an inlet, and a remap and a set of 197 cams, on the standard ecu still and with cruise control still etc.

225 is very different though, thats more than twice the increase!

Still possible, but going to be expensive, as you are onto either high comp N/A or turbo/supercharger.

renault clio
Thanks guys for the qiuck respons!!

It's my idea to create the bhp with the most as possible orginal engine/parts.
At the moment my engine have a k&n kit, nothing more. I'm looking for a 182 look exhaust system from k-tec with orginal k-tec. Law in Holland;)

Does someone have a link from a website where i can find cams, throttle bodies and inlets? I looked on k-tec site and the've got some stuff but there is more i think?

Overhere in the Netherlands we don't have so many company's ho have there specs in renault tunig;)

Cheers guys!!!

Catcam 421/438, Jenvey ITB's, aftermarket ecu of your choice/budget and you'll see 200-210 comfortably if you take it to the correct mapper. Cost about £4-5000 if buying new I guess.

Best bet would be to watch the for sale section on here like a hawk and pick up a second hand itb setup with an ecu.

Much more cost effective to turbo though!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ballpark figures for n/a I would say
3k for 200bhp
5k for 210bhp (and losing cruise control etc is another "cost")
10k for 225bhp

renault clio
I think 200 bhp is enought on 1000 kilograms. It will quick enough.

Budget is around 1500. One of the best mechanics in holland i know can do this for me. only expensive thing will be the parts.

Wil a 182 look exhaustsystem make a lot of differents with the original cat? In Holland the police isn't that happy with a lot of noice and they will turn your car upside down it the have any idea there something wrong;);)

Cheers Guys!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think 200 bhp is enought on 1000 kilograms. It will quick enough.

Budget is around 1500. One of the best mechanics in holland i know can do this for me. only expensive thing will be the parts.

Wil a 182 look exhaustsystem make a lot of differents with the original cat? In Holland the police isn't that happy with a lot of noice and they will turn your car upside down it the have any idea there something wrong;);)

Cheers Guys!

1500 euros isnt going to get you 200bhp realistically I am afraid, not including labour even at "mates rates".

The cheapest proven way I can think of to get 200bhp from an F4R is Rs2 inlet, decent exhaust, and 197 cams and a remap, and thats going to be double your budget at least.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
At what sort of level does a phase 1 head become restrictive ? I've just bought one to use as part of a winter upgrade but will it be worth getting it ported before fitting.
I have also read on here about skimming the head for upping the comp ratio a little, bit of a cheap skate way of doing it but may be woth a go if the standard pistons are safe with the extra heat that can come with higher compression.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Trouble with skimming is if you go far the belt doesn't want to tension and there isn't a huge amount of meat on the head either. Worth taking a small lick off.
id not bother with headwork unless you already have bodies and cams, and only for something 210+ really, the heads are quite good anyway. But a good port job will help slightly even on less powerful engines, just not really enough to warrant the cost.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks will get it lightly ported and probably look at uprated valves as already have cams and bodies , doing around 180 atw justnow.
Have read about the belt tension problem if too much is taken off but also a few people using a bigger idler pulley to sort it.

Mec 350 slk manual
180 with cams & bodies are they fitted ? It's a bit on the low side or am I reading this wrong

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
What figures would an RS2 provide on a standard 172 engine? (sorry for hijacking)

apy9ebub.jpg