ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R forged cranks

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The best crank to use is the early ph1 crank. It’s the heaviest out of the lot and looks to be forged.
That new one in your picture is the ph2 172 crank. I’d toss that in the bin as it’s not even any use as a paperweight.

I’ve only ever seen the same rods in the mk2/mk3 Clio Rs range tbh. Mk2 meg rods are ok, but not really any different to the mk2/3 items.

A lot of these claims become folklore because the internet says so. Having had all 3 types sat side by side, I can confirm no difference. Mk3 meg turbo rods I would imagine are stronger as it’s a better engine with better pistons etc, but I haven’t seen any in the flesh.
MK3 Meg rods seem to be very reliable at 350lbsft and pistons are good for upto 500hp, Some fancy term for the pistons that the name escapes me, Hyper something maybe