ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R or F7R for my mk1 Clio Valver

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Hey guys!

What I wanted to ask was should I get an F7R (Williams 2.0 16v) or an F4R (172/182 2.0 16v) for my mk1 clio.

Basically I want to make it a nice rounded track car and daily and maintain comfort.

I was thinking the F7R with the following spec:

CatCam 225's
SuperSprint Manifold
Ported and Polished Head (already have this)
Bigger valves (may have this unsure)
Scuttle Induction Using V6 Airbox (Like the Group A rally clios iirc)
Remap

The main problem I have is that my car is well known on here and alot of people want the car to stay standard, I was thinking the F7R visually wouldn't affect this much. Whereas the F4R is newer, lighter and a better platform.

What do you guys think and if you suggest F4R can give me a potential spec, I dont want turbos or trumpets for this one :)

This isnt going to be happening for a little while yet, just wanted to get a plan in my head

Cheers

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Standard F4R IMHO, much better engine and doesnt blow headgaskets pretty much ever which is a bonus compared to the F7 lumps which can do so.

Only issue is the electronics is a LOT simpler with the williams, it will run on your existing engine management and you can just get that mapped by that kj16v or whatever his name is.

But my reason for saying f4r is you dont have to buy cams or an expensive exhaust manifold for it.

Ive got a williams F7R with supersprint and 285 cams in my mk1, but only cause I had it lieing around from my old one, if I was starting from scratch i'd go F4R.

Plus if you want to turbo it later on its far better for that.