ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P/R Oil pressure sender unit

like many my Oil pressure gauge dosent work, it was working intermittantly but now dosent work at all. Iv ruled out the easy fixes and it looks like being the pressure sender unit on the back of the block. I find it unlikley that the unit will have failed (after working intermittantly for a while) and i think there may be a possibility its simple a bad connection at the sender as its been exposed to all the elements for the last 8 years.

Can someone please guide me to exactly where it is on the back of the block? i.e which side/how far up etc?

Also what sort of fitting is it to the wire to the sender? if its a plug conncter or simlar then is it possible i could clean it up with the engine and sender insitu? or is it that hard to get at?

Lastly how much is a replacment sender unit from renault? Ball park only please
(I will try to phone renault but they very rarely manage to give me a price despite providing Oval plate etc)

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T

Sender is on the exhaust side of motor (cambelt end) about 100mm up from the block/sump flange. Its on a small ledge and is connected by a single blade connection so it could easily be broken or corroded. I think the sender is about £40/50 from Renault. Its possible to do the job from underneath but it may require dropping the downpipe to get enough room. Hope this helps

Mark

Thanks for the reply - very helpfull

I did have some succes - i got the part number and price

7700843236 £48.92 + VAT

When you say it could be possible from underneath is that replacing the sender unit or just getting at the singkle blade connecter?

what does it actually look like as im going to be looking while flat on my back under a little trolly jack!

350z & 16v Maxi

remember and support the car before you go under it. DO NOT go under it while it is just on the trolly jack.

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T

Its about 50mm long by 30mm diameter with a threaded union going into the block and a blade teminal sticking out the top. The wire runs around the water pump side of the head and is P clipped to the back of the block, in the same loom as the starter motor and Lambda sensor. Make sure you do the job when the exhaust is cold. Good luck