ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P tuning options

is/was that in its current spec Jon?? is this the same dyno it made 240 bhp on?

still in similar(ish) spec, only difference is exhaust is now half an inch bigger and straight through, new ignition and fuel map and a couple of tweeks here and there.

made 240bhp on Ric Woods dyno, 203.8bhp @ wheels and 163.6lbs/ft @ wheels. No headwork, totally standard bottom end, just cams, ITB's, Omex

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
f7p turbo vs vag turbo....errrr no comparison really...vag would get my vote evry time. and the cost in the conversions wouldnt be far off either.

vag it mate.

I reckon the VAG conversion, whilst being a better engine for the fact it's already a turbo lump, would cost more as the engines cost more to start with then there's a lot more customisation work to be done :(

the vag engines aren't cheap, guess you need the box as well, then there's actually getting it to fit, and the electrics to sort.

I think if I'm gonna do it it's got to be boosted some how, s/c or turbo :)

williams and trophy
aye but if u weigh up the cost of s/c or turbo on the f7, forged pistons etc etc etc and then u still need to fuk around with maps etc, ok so no real wiring, but then the vags reliable power, not summat thats gunna blow h/g for fun, or constantly need attention, like the f7s seem to when blown.

id say u gotta budget for a rebuild evry1-2 years with the f7 , in the long run the vag would probably turn out to be the cheaper conversion.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
True, how does stuff like actually fitting a totally different engine inot the bay work, I'm a noob :p When you fab up new mounts, well how does that work, do you use any of the standard mounting points and make mounts to suit, or do you use the original vag mounts and make points for them to fit to?

Clio 16v turbo
turbo it mate. if you know wot your doin itl cost you 3 grand max for the 200bhp mark. i thort about the vag engine but its mega buks n loadsa messin around.