ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7R Headgasket

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So my turbo engines head gasket is leaking only weeping down the gearbox side of the engine but as it's out I thought I'd sort it now.

i bought a 1.6mm multi layered steel gasket last time and I was under the impression these could be reused. Was I wrong?

if yes, can someone point me in the direction of the best gasket to get for a turbo engine?

if no, are there any requirements of re-using the gasket?

speedy replys would be appreciated so I can sort this asap

cheers

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
no one able to help?

im gonna have to do it before putting it back into the car so need some ideas?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
thats the general consensus mate, but i have heard the MLS gaskets can be re-used.

i think this gasket is shagged anyway so im gonna change it i just dont know what to replace it with. this one has only lasted 800 miles lol

You need a good surface finish for MLS head gaskets. 50RA or less.

They can be reused if in working condition. Whats wrong with yours? Is the head flat?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
mine is weeping oil down the flywheel end of the block. no idea how.

with it being a turbo engine do i need a 1.6mm gasket? or can i get away with a fibrous one to take up any potential "non flat" bits