ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7R issues

mk1 williams, ep82
got myself a williams mk1 nearly a month ago with 96k on the clock.

the car has a few mods:
-exhaust system (with cat)
-k&n airfilter

when i first got it the car felt awesomely quick and smooth through the gears.

over the weeks the performance has been decreasing and i decided to do some investigation, myfindings were:
-knock sensor was not attached and broken
-airfilter was dirty
-water was on minimum

id replaced the sensor, cleaned the airfilter and topped up the water but the car still doesnt feel right?? i have been doing a bit of town driving this week and noticed the water level was down 500ml again so i checked the cap for mayo (none) and checked the dip stick to see the level which is half way with no color distortion to the oil.

i will keep checking the oil level and water level to see if theres anything with the headgasket but any input here wouyld be good??

my new thoughts are maybe the thermostat is faulty.

other thoughts and issues are:
- fan belt squeaking on start up - cambelt job?
- clutch doesnt grib well enough but is functional
- temp sensor harness does not clip on properly
- i also banged the exhaust a couple of times when entering over the gate catch at work - going to fit a decat tomorrow
- temp gauge in car always flashes 50 degrees, where should the non digital temp gauge sit? mine is under 1/3 when driving but in traffic goes over 2/3 (but then cools straight down when driving)

stuff the guys at williamsclio said:
- check coil
- put standard filter on - im starting to read k&n arent good for f7r, can anyone shed some light here?
- put decat on

thanks all