ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7R with F4R Flywheel Clutch

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Right then for my omex i need to change my flywheel for the 172 item as it has the right trigger pattern.

Will be using the megane 215mm clutch (or is 172 item a better bet)

Valver Release Arm and bearing

My question regards the pressure plate.

Are the pressure plate bolts the same on the 172fly and pressure plate as they are on the valver?

Does anybody know which i need thread etc etc?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
only difference is the release bearing. depends which arm you use. 172 arm (longer so softer clutch) use 172 release bearing, if you want to use the shorter willy/valver arm, the use a meg/willy/valver release bearing

you'll need a set of bolts for the 172 flywheel. They're a larger thread. £2.30 each and you need 6

Last edited:
  Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
boom! cheers danny! will be in touch!

bought a 172 flywheel, came with flywheel to engine bolts....

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
irc it's not a true 60-2 pattern. there's a long lobe just before the missing teeth. you could make it 2 teeth with a dremel.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if you made the double tooth into 2, you would have a 61 tooth pattern.

Just leave as is, trigger tooth tables are setup perfectly, the cup racer uses a modded flywheel, and omex can't run it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Renault are a law onto themselves with trigger patterns, the Renix 44-2-2 was particuarly stupid.

Standard 172 stuff will work fine on omex though, no need to change it.

Let me know if you need me to pop round and give you a hand getting it to fire up and starting off the map etc zmaster.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Cheers all!

Agreed the renix is f**king stupid! Although ive heard that adaptronic have got it to work#/?? Rumor?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Cheers all!

Agreed the renix is f**king stupid! Although ive heard that adaptronic have got it to work#/?? Rumor?

Canems got it working 2 years ago for me. Took him an hour. Omex messed with it for about 6 months and gave up

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cheers all!

Not sure on adaptronic as not tried on a willy pattern with one, but several years ago it was working fine on my mtec, although I later swapped to 60-2 anyway so I could go wasted spark when I rebuilt the Williams engine.