ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT

WANTED Arctic 182
Hello peeps

My 182 just failed :(

It failed on 'nearside front brake hose twisted'
Is that as simple as it sounds? Easy fix?

Also on rear brake pads. My step dad seems to think that rear pads are a lot harder to change than the fronts and that I may need a special tool. Is that true?

I thought It would fail on one headlight washer not working and one windscreen washer not working!

Cheers in advance

Clio 172mk2
if its just rear pads , easier then fronts, if its discs too then a little harder

get a pic of the hose line , cant see how it would go like that, but wouldnt think its a hard fix

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
twisted hose will be some knob head who fit the last lot of brakes, its either remove caliper and twist it around to correct position or unscrew hose and repostion.

Rear pads dont take long, no special tools needed.

WANTED Arctic 182
So I was right in thinking changing rear pads is exactly the same as doing the fronts, difficulty wise. My step dad seems to think it will be harder because of the handbrake?

I'll get photos up of the hose soon

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
the hose twisted will more then likely be a case of undoing two calliper bolts, untwisting then rebolting. 20 mins job!