ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

failed my mot

mk1 172

welll folks,

i had my 48k service yesterday (ive only got 43k on the clock but never mind) and my mot and the fekkin thing failed !

it failed on the rear brake pads being down to 70% and the rear off side caliper basically being buggered !

renault say it is gonna be £410 for the caliper and pads, altogether service and mot £221 and parts £410 = £631 !

i wasnt a happy lad, until my mate who owns a car parts shop told me renault are taking the piss and he can get the parts in for £95 !

i was a bit happier then until i realised they hadnt put my fekkin mobil 1 in !!!!!! after all the song and dance i made about oil !! sheeessssh !

RS4

to be honest mate the calliper is a fkuckin bugger! i presume the calliper has been jammed, same thing happened to me cost me £120 to get one calliper reconditioned :sick:

the pads are quite cheep is the calliper you should be worrying about.

Not a Clio

lol dealers take the piss.

They wanted £60 to fit a breather pipe to my partners Omega. Took me a few mins to do it.

mk1 172

yeah my mate says pads are £12 !

its unbelievable the charges renault wanna stick on !

so, im getting someone else to fit it.....at least this way i will keep my full renault service history.

ang, i told them my oil is in the car to put in and they tried to say i never mentioned it and they have a policy not to touch the customers property in their vehicle ! gutted.

my mate is fitting the caliper as gonna drain the oil and stick the mobil 1 in which is nice.

thing is, renault put 10w 40 semi synth in !

Banana

Drive up, unscrew the sump plug and let the cheap multigrade sh*te pish all over their forecourt;) then throw a strop saying they couldnt have tightened it right!

Mine just failed on exactly the same thing. Rear brake caliper was knackered (worked fine but wouldnt engage the hand brake). The mechanic who looks after my car found one for £120. Also failed on unsecured CV boots (Common clio fault - look for grease on the back of your alloys) and worn bottom ball joint. All fixed now and back on the road. £180 all in.