ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake SD cards?

172 and vw passat
I bought 2x 4gb sandisc sdhc awile back from play.com was ment to be the ones with the blue background on the lable (they sent me black ones). Anyway using them in my camera they work fine but when i goto load them onto my PC they cant be read, the only way to get them off the card is to plug the camera into the PC via USB.

Then i noticed that play.com were doing an offer on the 8GB ones for £5
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...ce=0&searchstring=sd+card+8gb&urlrefer=search

But i still have the same problem with this card. but my older cards work. Got me thining are play.com sending out dodgey cards?

I'm not clear on what you're saying, is it that they don't work when you plug the card directly into your PC (i.e. a built in card reader)?

The SD format has changed over time, SDHC, SDXC etc, so it may be that your reader isn't accepting newer cards. If they are transferring from the camera via USB there is unlikely to be anything wrong with the cards.

172 and vw passat
Ye its when i plug the card into the pc. maybe its just my reader then, as i can read older cards.