ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fake v6

A well built VW

Its for sale on ebay IIRC

The question remains WHY? The kits around a grand and about anither 2-3k for fitting and paint - be lucky to sell for 3k

255 V6 Black Gold

hahaha

thats shocking.....click on the "other section" and look at the seats, then pciture the situation "nice v6 there, lets look at them 2 front seats...."

tiTTy & SV650

lol if you put a decent engine in it itd be alright, shame about the colour and the interior.

LY 200

Umm some people need helping!!!

Poor lads probably spent a fortune unaware hes made a mess of the original car!!!

Punto/Clio GTT

best replica kit ive seen to date, if the v6 hadnt have been made and this was called a wide arch kit instead of a replica it would be awesome in many more peoples eyes

Audi RS4

whats with the shiny shiny mega shiny dash too.Hate that look,makes em look even more plasticky.why do it? bit of soapy water is best.

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by simon_elvin on 15 March 2005

it hasnt even had the rear arches smoothed into the bodywork, theres a huge lip where they join up aswell
Is normally a lip there mate - It is a good fake - Just think it needs to be finished off properly - And yes an interior is definately to be had and perhaps now an engine conversion, But the exterior does look quite clean as far as fake V6s go, in my opinion.

anybody remember sum guy saying at the garage nearhim there was a fake v6 been painted in flip paint and he would post pics. did he ever post pics?

the wing mirrors need colour coding and it needs fogs in teh front, i dont think the wheels sit properly on the back with real v6s??

thats really not a bad effort. it looks alot better than most "kitted" clios i have seen. although i must say, why would you spend all that money on the kit + cost of fitting it and :

a) Not have put sports lights on the front

b) Not lowered it

c) Not got some different front seats cus them r gash!

d) Not colour coded your wing mirrors?

That car could potentially look alot better with the above and with some decent rims and a in a different colour.

Actually thinking about it that is quite alot of things to do!

looks cool a few more exterior mods i.e MK2 rear lights. Fogs, get rid of silver mesh and add 18" MK2 V6 alloys and its a really decent looking effort. the sort of thing id do to my 1.2 MK1 clio if i owned one when i was 17-18yrs old.. kinda when i wasnt really up with cars n stuff.. fair play for the effort.
if i had a black mk1 1.4 or something id deffo try that kit but finish properly and add 50 shot nos just for effect.

The twin optic head light should of been one of the first mods he did, the interior is pretty rank, but overal its not a bad effort

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by tom_1.4_16v on 15 March 2005

thats really not a bad effort. it looks alot better than most "kitted" clios i have seen. although i must say, why would you spend all that money on the kit + cost of fitting it and :

a) Not have put sports lights on the front

b) Not lowered it

c) Not got some different front seats cus them r gash!

d) Not colour coded your wing mirrors?

That car could potentially look alot better with the above and with some decent rims and a in a different colour.

Actually thinking about it that is quite alot of things to do!
itd make a decent project i reckon, get a megane turbo lump in there with 6 speed box, whatever interior takes ur fancy.

It is lowered Im sure it said, just looks a bit funny. Fairly well done though

Its not too bad an effort, a nicer colour would of helped. The arches are massive, think youd need 20 inch wheels and some coilovers!

Thing is, if he did everything, it must get close to actual V6 money.. The best thing to do would be to buy a write off i guess.

-Rob

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 15 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 15 March 2005

mine doesnt look like this - must be a Mk3.

http://www.cupboardwise.co.uk/images/engine1.jpg
Have yet to see a better kit though, right colour might look ok!
Ive got less space than that in the front of mine ;)
Surely youve all watched Scrappy Races et al. 2 engines is the way to go , so first mod on my Vee will be having an engine with an auto box put in the front instead of that silly boot liner ;)

Black Clio 182

i think its quite nice. i wouldnt mind my 1.2 looking like that lol. obviously who ever buys it should get an engine conversion tho. all that money bin spent on it but no performance. probably one of the slowest clios as its got all the wieght of the bodykit and everything lol. fair play to him tho.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 15 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 15 March 2005

Ive got less space than that in the front of mine ;)
Surely youve all watched Scrappy Races et al. 2 engines is the way to go , so first mod on my Vee will be having an engine with an auto box put in the front instead of that silly boot liner ;)
Cone aint gonna get much air there is it?

None

Hmmm d7f engine. Bit of a funny place to put an air filter tho. I do like the v6 kit in a way but im not gonna put one on a car unless I find a way to sort out the rear wheels issue they have :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 15 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by simon_elvin on 15 March 2005

it hasnt even had the rear arches smoothed into the bodywork, theres a huge lip where they join up aswell
Is normally a lip there mate - It is a good fake - Just think it needs to be finished off properly - And yes an interior is definately to be had and perhaps now an engine conversion, But the exterior does look quite clean as far as fake V6s go, in my opinion.
you sure? i meant the lip thaat runs off the rear window, go to it again and look at the side pictures, the bottom one. then compare it to this (page2)

http://www.geocities.com/sparky_132/pics/owners/owners.htmhttp://www.geocities.com/sparky_132/pics/owners/owners.htm

see what i mean

[Edited by simon_elvin on 15 March 2005 at 1:56pm]

Has that been "photoshoped" to make it look smaller? or is it really that tiny? dont remember my old 1.3 looking like that?

Kit looks reasonable though, but needs the Fuel filler cap repositioning to make it look more real, plus some fog lamps...and a better paint job:eek:

bet he feels a bit silly though when his grandma passes him in her little 850cc mini......lol

Simon.

C4 Grand Picasso

Looks great, even it is a 1.2. Would be a good plan, get the looks sorted, then engine transplant later when your older and you can get insured, I liked the Rory182s idea of a Megane turbo lump, and 6 speed box being lobbed in it.

Had a quick go at adding the finishing touches:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/Levens/redV6.jpg

Black mesh
Coded mirrors
Dual-Optic headlights
Silver air duct (or whatever its called)
Bigger wheels (must be about 21" in that pic)
Lowered
Foggies added.

Not a Clio anymore.....

A lot of money spent, a lot of time spent, a good effort and at least its individual if admittedly they still need to iron out the horrendous wheels and suspension issues.

Fair play to em.