ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falling out of love.

Mondeo STTDCI
Further to Lewis' thread, the opposite has happened to me.

Last Tuesday afternoon I walked out of my house onto the drive to go to work. I always have a cursory look around the car, its just habit, to make sure all is well. The first thing I see is a ding in the rear quarter. Someone has opened their car door onto it without doubt. Its at an angle, almost vertical and around 6-8" in length.

The paint is unbroken but its quite a bad one. I almost fell to my knees when I first spotted it. Was speechless.

I had a door dinged previously and I fumed. I shouted and spat and swore. Not this time. Its a bit sad but I am gutted. Just took the wind out of my sails. Makes it worse another lad at work has a Titanium 182 which is now the mint one of the two. Truly gutting.

I sent an email out to everyone at work as I KNOW it happened the day before in the car park and I suspect who it was but cannot say for sure. No one owning up. CCTV in the car park doesnt cover it. Gutted.

Am just building up the motivation to call up PDR people in Chelsmford that I used before. I strongly suspect they won't be able to do it due to its location. Failing that I'm off to a bodyshop. FFS.

I finally felt like posting it up. Sorry for the essay.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
completely understand mate, I'd feel exactly the same. For what its worth I think PDR people would be able to do it. Chin up fella, hope it gets sorted without too much hassle/££

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it's a horrible feeling, i know mate.

i always discover them when i'm washing the car, just to make it worse.

luckily i've been fine with the 182...i had a few dings taken out when i bought it. but just trying to keep it mint is hard work these days. :(

gutted pal, i've got a couple of little dings from idiots at work... even then that's enough to warrant that if I caught them doing it they get a jab in the face. I wish people were decent enought to realise the error and leave some contact details to pay for the repair... people are not conscientious these days though

RB 182
Feel for ya, there isn't anything you can do some people are so inconsiderate. I'm sure the car park you were in was probably with everyone park very close as well.

Hope you get it all sorted without too much bother.

106 GTi
Gutting - depsite the stick I get on here for it, this is why I don't use mine everyday.

If the guy doing the PDR is using the latest methods, rear quaters can be done easily. Drop me a PM if they say it can't be done.

Mondeo STTDCI
The thing is this happened in a Police Station car park. f**king nuts isn't it. And its a big enough knock that you couldn't fail to realise you had done it.

Octavia VRS
Yep it is gutting. As Chris says, you always notice them when cleaning the car. There are some right inconsiderate folk out there

Mondeo STTDCI
Gutting - depsite the stick I get on here for it, this is why I don't use mine everyday.

If the guy doing the PDR is using the latest methods, rear quaters can be done easily. Drop me a PM if they say it can't be done.

Last time I went the bloke said it if was on the place of a side impact bar that it couldnt be done....but he went on to do it and he did a good job. I'd say a 90-95% improvement and its now almost invisible unless you are really, really looking. This one is more of a challenge I reckon.

The thing is this happened in a Police Station car park. f**king nuts isn't it. And its a big enough knock that you couldn't fail to realise you had done it.

police are no different to anyone else, they are just as inconsiderate and dishonest as joe public... we just expect better from them

Really winds me up when people do that. Even if it's a small one it catches my eye every time I see that side of the car!!!

Getting angry even thinking about it lol.

Mondeo STTDCI

police are no different to anyone else, they are just as inconsiderate and dishonest as joe public... we just expect better from them

I don't want to skew the topic onto Police but... I personally expect better. If I had done it I would be the first to put my hand up and say I had done it and admit it and pay for repairs.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I don't use my car everyday because of this as well, thankfully me and the missus work close together so we share a car each morning.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Totally gutted for you Dave. I am also in the habit of checking my car over in the drive before I go out first thing. I have a habit of giving checks before and after it has been to the garage too, and I do it right outside before it goes in (and when it comes out) so they know what I am doing.

I think it must be horrible to know that some work colleague has damaged your car and hasn't got the balls (pardon expression) to own up and offer payment for repair. It's even worse when you consider what line of work you are in. What inconsiderate b******s!

Hope you get it sorted soon Dave.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Dents in rear quarter are easy to remove as i had some nasty ones recently.

I don't want to skew the topic onto Police but... I personally expect better. If I had done it I would be the first to put my hand up and say I had done it and admit it and pay for repairs.

No I agree, I would expect better too, but as no one has come forward it seems this individual is a bit of a c**t... pardon the expression lol. I try and park under the CCTV at work now anyway, we used to get chavs coming into the car park to eye up potential car thefts :(

P

Paul Common 666

Exactly the same has happened to mine on thursday, on exactly the same part of my car. I was gonna post up but at the time thought there was no point cuz it would of just been full of swearing and general hatred! Ive noticed my g/friend has bashed my door against summit aswell, so words need to be had bout that. Its bad but I couldnt even face washing and waxing mine on the weekend :( lesson learned now tho... i feel terrible for it!! Why cant people respect other peoples cars? Oh i forgot to mention that about a month ago whilst parked at a pub some f***er caught my front wing and took the paint off down to the plastic! So all in all a really s**te month and a half!!:mad: It makes me think whats the point when you've got so many d***heads around doin the best to destroy your car. i need to re-love my car fast!!

I tend to park in mother and baby spaces when going to the supermarket if there are any free.

Call me inconsiderate but my basic attitude is that I couldnt give a fook!!

Im not having my car ruined by some tw*t you cant hold their door properly.

106 GTi
I tend to park in mother and baby spaces when going to the supermarket if there are any free.

All that crying you do, you can pass as a baby anyway ;)

Clio3 1.4 16v dynamique
New clio's are pretty dodgy on the doors as the handles inside are really far forward. If its a windy day you have to get a good grip on it other wise itll just swing open. Nearly learnt the hard way!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
@ my local tesco there is one space between the trolley bay thin and a flower bed, i tend to tuck myslef in there - no one seems to bother trying to park in there maybe its cause people cant park!

but i know how frustrating it is to try and park in parent and child spaces that are full of people who dnt have kids!

visualize whirled pe
Shame to hear.

I think it's worse owning an newer car beause the metal is thin and the dents show up more, especially on something like a clio, because of the smooth lines of the bodywork.
It's not so bad on easy to repair / replace pannels but when its on the main body like a back wing it's very gutting.

RS Clio 200

woudl you park in disabled too?

audi a6 3.0tdi
i always end up buying a new car when i fall out with mine, once i don't like it thats it there is no changing my mind.

woudl you park in disabled too?

no way!! If there are no mother baby spaces then i'll park over 2 normal spaces. Ive been confronted several times and I just laugh it off.

I park in the corner of of the car parker, right up tight against the bushes, then climb over and get out the passengers side (I tend to reverse in) :eek:

Parking in childbays you may be shooting yourself in the foot as it only takes a school run mum in her Landcruiser Amazon to pull in next to you and your back to dents.
Plus someone will report your car i expect and ask you to move it, I can see the tannoy announcement now:

" Good afternoon this is a customer announcement we are not expecting anyone to admit to owning this but if possible could the owner of the fiberglassed flip painted clio please remove it from the child bays, thank you for shopping at Sainsburys"

Clown Car
The first thing I see is a ding in the rear quarter, Someone has opened their car door onto it without doubt. Its at an angle, almost vertical and around 6-8" in length.

Am just building up the motivation to call up PDR people in Chelsmford that I used before. I strongly suspect they won't be able to do it due to its location. Failing that I'm off to a bodyshop. FFS.

I have had 2 car park dents removed from the N/S rear quarter panel by a local guy who ChipsAway use in Coventry, the girl who works there said because of the location of the dents the guy may have to remove the rear light unit and come in from there.

Now i don't know if it is possible to get halfway down the length of the quarter panel by removing the rear light unit housing, but he did a fantastic job and you could never tell the dents had been there unlike other PDR companies i have used before and it only cost me £45.

Clio 197
I've made a complaint at work about how close people have been parking to my car. They tend to behave themselves now, it's really anoying when they have cars they there not bothered that much about and then there's my car that I am bothered about. I spoke to a bloke in Co-Op car park near me on Saturday, the car park was near enough empty but he still parks well close to my passanger side - NO NEED FOR IT! :mad:

Clown Car
I go shopping at Tescos when i finish work at 03.00 on sat morning, the other week i pulled up into the car park which was nearly completely empty, i parked in the middle 1 space in an empty double row away from the main entrance, came out to find someone had parked in the space next to me, could not believe it.

172 Cup
Don't get my started on car park dents, what makes me laugh is the fact people think your weird if you take steps to stop dents in your car-fraggles.

The quality of the clio panels do not help either, my mums mini and my dads audi have taken hints before and just bounce them off.

Mini Cooper S sport
It's f**king annoying and there's not much you can do about. At work I try to park nowhere near other cars, but no such luck in supermarkets. I had two bad door dings and a bonnet dent pulled out, it pisses me off so much that people - and especially kids - are so inconsiderate.

RB 182
Someone did this to me last week, in the work compound. I know exactly who it was, a new Focus CC door did it, it left some of the paint on my door!

Dent.jpg

Good thing is though work are paying for Dent Devils, and he said because he'll only be able to get it 90% perfect, he'll take all the other little dings out all round the car for free!! :D

megane
i park in the same spot at work every day for the past 4 yrs now, got 2 other cars that park there to as we all have this understandin on dents an to leave a nice big gap in between the cars , think the 3 cars take up 4 spaces , no ones ever said sweet fa so its all good. even if they did id say so lol

M

mini-valver

Faxo, I have one pretty much exactly like that on me passenger side. Hits you right in the face when you look at the car! Let me know how the dent guy does via PM!
Ta mate

Clio 182
Only a matter of time until i wake up and its happened here.
The woman who has the space next to me in the carpark literally can't park. She's got a new micra, and its got a fair few marks on it already.

I got in one day just before her, and had to wait in the car while she took 5 minutes to park as badly as usual, waiting for the moment she hit the car - thankfully didn't

starting to go off living in apartments now - its one thing having a secure carpark - but if the people in there can't park you've got no chance :( left her a polite note simply asking her to learn how to park as I'm getting a little worried.. b******s wont give me a different space either

pug 106 rallye S2
at work we have a good understanding and there are five of us with newish nice cars we take up one whole wall of parking spaces around 8 bays i think and are very careful... im in the process of gettin two dents out of the rear quarters and one small depression in the bonnet(someone before me closed it by lowering then pushing down on bonnet!grr)
then stone chips done and im happy!
speaking of which has anyone used that anti stonechip film?

arrgghh silly idiots.. really gets my back up. i brought my baby a year ago with hardly a mark on it. but after i asked this silly bimbo, who lives in the same street if she could move her car over, (cos she parks in two bays).
she went mental, (thinks shes the queen or something) a few days later i heard her say to her mates that she cant wait for me to park next to her again, (obviously to open her door on it)
since then its basically been keyed and there is about 10 door dents!
Finding it very hard to keep my patience with her!:evil:
I heard that nothing can be done about this, and it makes me sick.
Its soooo frustrating!:mad: