ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout : New Vegas

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorted the Power Armour. Loving it.

Looks badass with the AM Rifle on your back. Boone's also rocking the T51-d Power Armour.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If the BoS like you, speak to Eldar McNamara about joining the Bos. He'll send you up the Black Mountain to install some radio equipment. Once you've done that, you're in with them. He'll then train you on using Power Armour.

You'll need to have done the previous quests for the BoS, though. To build your rep with them.

The Anti-Material Rifle can be bought from the Gun Runners, or from the Armoury in the BoS bunker.

Golf R32
I screwed up the Brotherhood quest and really can't be bothered to go back again, basically sorted McNamara but also told the other guy everything and now all they say is come back later :dapprove:

I got my power armour training else where and now have both T-51b and Remnant Armour, but after going through all that I am still prefering to wear the NCR Ranger Combat Armour and & Helmet just cos it looks the nuts especially with the Gobi Scout Rifle :cool:

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm currently on The House III quest.

I uploaded the robot upgrade sequence at Caesar's place, and made it look like I'd blown all the droids up. So I've obviously gone down the route of siding with House. Hopefully that won't cause too many problems.

I spent hours and hours and hours of my life in fallout 3. So I was hesitant to get this, as I didn't want to become a recluse again.

Well, I couldn't resist - and I got it the other week - but purposely haven't been on it that much, yet when I have been on it, I've found I'm not drawn in to it anywhere near as much as I was in Fallout 3. I can't be bothered doing half the missions so I just wander about, then get mauled to death as I'm such a low-level guy at the mo. This makes me sad. In more than one way.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've completely lost ED-E. I've been doing stuff with Rex, including his side quests, but when I came to get ED-E back, he's nowhere to be seen. Not at Primm, not at the Lucky 38...

I didn't even get to test his new laser upgrade :(

Also, when you come to do the Render Unto Caesar quest, don't go with Boone. Jesus.

Monaro VXR
He takes a few days to come back scutch. Then you should find him in the store at Primm. Will pop up a message saying he has returned before hand though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just got the Remnant Power Armour. F*cking awesome and the rarest armour in the game. :cool:

Good luck getting it though.

I went through 40 Stimpacks, just to get the Armour. Another 10 to get the Power Helmet. (It's in a different place)

30+ Deathclaws (not joking, and in a small space, too) for the Armour Body, and it's located off the main map. lol
10+ Cazadors for the Power Helmet.

I've given Boone my T51-b Armour now. E-DE's rocking the upgraded armour from the BoS.

933df59f.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
He takes a few days to come back scutch. Then you should find him in the store at Primm. Will pop up a message saying he has returned before hand though.

It's been ages, mate. I was told ED-E was repaired ages ago. He still hasn't returned.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just got the Remnant Power Armour. F*cking awesome and the rarest armour in the game. :cool:

I went through 40 Stimpacks, just to get the Armour. Another 10 to get the Power Helmet. (It's in a different place)

30+ Deathclaws (not joking, and in a small space, too) for the Armour Body, and it's located off the main map. lol

I've given Boone my T51-b Armour now. E-DE's rocking the upgraded armour from the BoS.

Bloody hell. Stroll in the park, then. That's if the park was situated in HELL. Next to HELL Mk2.

Monaro VXR
Strange message popped up on mine. Went to Primm into the store and it cuts to him straight away.

There is the possibility he is lying in bits in the wasteland somewhere then. Followers when moving between locations on their own can still be killed.

Something else to try

"#2 Returning Lost Companions

If you are unable to find your companion despite waiting or fast traveling, go to Vault 22 and take the elevator to the second floor (oxygen recycling). Your companion will be directly in front of you when you step out. It even works when the companion has been told to "Wait here." This can only be done if you have a repair skill of 50 or if you have completed the quest in that vault."

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_companions#Non-Humanoid_companions

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not playing on Hardcore, though. I might check the Lucky 38 again, later. I got the message on screen saying he was back.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nah, been there a few times. Nash is there, but no robotics in sight. Unless his wife is one. Probably.

Listerine & Poledo
Good work chris.

Just got my Euclid C-Finder, not as impressed with it as I'd hoped to be. It wont even drop a lone deathclaw!

what's the crack with "blind deathclaws" too!? they still seem to know exactly where you are

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Good work chris.

Just got my Euclid C-Finder, not as impressed with it as I'd hoped to be. It wont even drop a lone deathclaw!

what's the crack with "blind deathclaws" too!? they still seem to know exactly where you are

I think you have to kick them in the nuts while they're sleeping.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Good work chris.

Hangover from the Enclave's experiments, IIRC. Remember in Fallout 3 when they were fitted with masks to 'train' them?

These fellas are the same fellas. Sans masks.

Anyone come across Vikki & Vance yet? I picked up Vance's 9mm Uzi last night. That's another Unique Weapon off the list. Found it completely on the off chance, too.

Wandering FTW.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If anyone wants the Remnant Power Armour, let me know and I'll do a quick walkthrough.

The version I followed was sh*te.

You'll need to be a hero, though. And Power Armour, ideally. And 60+ Stimpacks. And a gun that can 'one-shot' a regular Deathclaw.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If anyone wants the Remnant Power Armour, let me know and I'll do a quick walkthrough.

The version I followed was sh*te.

You'll need to be a hero, though. And Power Armour, ideally. And 60+ Stimpacks. And a gun that can 'one-shot' a regular Deathclaw.

Pretty basic stuff, then.

Golf R32
Sounds like you picked up the Remnant Armour from the same place I picked up my first suit, though I knew it was there and what to expect so packed accordingly lol

The first first bunch of deathclaws almost had me as I thought I'd try using a Stealth Boy, which did f**k all, luckily got a few shots off with the plasma rifle despatching them with Criticals :) the main horde though I thought I'd be a bit sneeky so I crawled my way around on the rocks and then let loose with the missile launcher loaded with HE rounds :) then just mopped up the rest with the Gobi Sniper rifle and a bit of helpful baiting on ED-E's part lol

Went through around 30-40 HE Missiles, 5x .308 rounds for the Gobi, and 4 StimPacks. Level 28 with Re-enforced combat armour

Think I'll start hunting out the some more of the unique weapons to now

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sounds like you picked up the Remnant Armour from the same place I picked up my first suit, though I knew was it was and what to expect so packed accordingly lol

The first first bunch of deathclaws almost had me as I thought I'd try using a Stealth Boy, which did f**k all, luckily got a few shots off with the plasma rifle despatching them with Criticals :) the main horde though I thought I'd be a bit sneeky so I crawled my way around on the rocks and then let lose with the missile launcher loaded with HE rounds :) then just mopped up the rest with the Gobi Sniper rifle and a bit of helpful baiting on ED-E's part lol

Think I'll start hunting out the some more of the unique weapons to now

LOL. Yep, that's the job.

I didn't do that. I just strolled straight in there like a baller with my AM Rifle. On my own. I left E-DE and Boone across the river. lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Gun Runners once you get to ~Lv20.

One in decent nick is 8000 caps.

That's the badmuthaf**ker, on my back. Goes from my ankles, to over my head. lol.

933df59f.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I got the AM rifle and gave it to Boone. I have the Gobi Sniper. Takes out most things with one shot, especially from distance as it counts as a sneak critical.

The gun runners have got loads of cool weapons. I bought most of them and then sold the s**t ones back using the money glitch to get more caps than I paid. LOL. Idiot droid.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You'll be waiting a while. I'd suggest earning XP by killing stuff and doing missions.

But yeah, around Lv20 is when the fun begins.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. Spill dem beans! how'd you manage that?

Look for a specific weapon the trader has two of. For example, a Hunting rifle. So in his list it will say Hunting Rifle 1400, and underneath it, Hunting Rifle 700 (or whatever the cap worth is). Now, purchase the cheapest Hunting Rifle (always buy the one in the poorest condition). When you purchase it, go to your inventory and you'll notice it's condition is now 100%. Simply sell it back to the trader, but because it's 100%, you'll get more caps than you paid for it. Now, the trader has the item back, it will still be worth the same caps you bought it for (say, 700). Buy it again. Sell it back for more caps. Buy it again. Sell it back for more caps. Add infin. Or until the trader runs out of caps. You can then buy anything else from them but leave the Hunting Rifle (or whatever else they have two of and are quite expensive), and you can always get your caps back.

Works well with the Gun Runners robot, as it has some expensive weapons and a pretty decent kitty.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

933df59f.jpg

Do a guide you spoon? Where is it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That mask is f*cking mental. Looks like Jeff Goldblum on acid. In his fly guise, of course.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This guy's done a superb job at a walkthrough. Better than the one I followed.

When he says 'a few Deathclaws' he means 'f*cking loads'

I counted...

10+ Young Deathclaws
10+ Deathclaws
1 Deathclaw Alpha Male
2 Deathclaw Mothers

If you thought clearing out the quarry was tough, this is ridiculous.

You'll need...

Power Armour (or at least Combat Armour in good condition)
Minimum of 50 Stimpaks.
A gun with a Damage of at least 80. I used the AM Rifle @ 102DAM.
Grenades.
Balls.

Oh, and if you have any companions, leave them behind. They'll die within four seconds. Guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator: