ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fan belt problem? (Video)

The super slow Clio!
Hey guys, just wondering if you could check this video and tell me if you think the problem is the fan belt? I think it could be slipping but I am far from a mechanic so I'm not sure.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated,
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yea, if its got no air con it will take a couple of minutes to sort, 1.2 16v i take it?

The super slow Clio!
yea, if its got no air con it will take a couple of minutes to sort, 1.2 16v i take it?

Yeah it is! Cheers for the quick reply.

I'll be bringing it up to the garage I got it from, I only got it last week, it happened very slightly on the test drive and he said he would have it fix. Evidently not! haha

Thanks again lads!

Same problem on my 1.2 16v was the alternator belt slipping, used the right socket with and extension bar to slide through the belts, loosen the alternator adjustment bolt, then you need something long and strong (oo err) like a long tyre lever bar... to wedge in between the top of the alternator and the engine block to tension the belt, whilst at the end of it using your left hand to tighten the bolt,

Slightly tricky i would say but my god i hated that sound and lived with it all through winter, such a relief to stop that pig in the engine!

The super slow Clio!
Same problem on my 1.2 16v was the alternator belt slipping, used the right socket with and extension bar to slide through the belts, loosen the alternator adjustment bolt, then you need something long and strong (oo err) like a long tyre lever bar... to wedge in between the top of the alternator and the engine block to tension the belt, whilst at the end of it using your left hand to tighten the bolt,

Slightly tricky i would say but my god i hated that sound and lived with it all through winter, such a relief to stop that pig in the engine!

Yeah I don't think I'll chance it, I know I'd end up breaking something! ha
It is the most head wrecking sound in the world!
Thanks a million for the help though dude

youre lucky to be getting answers here in this forum. in my case i did not even think of joining forums because i have lots of cash on hand but NOW i am forced to be reading lots of stuffs here to learn because i am on a tight budget already. LOL i will never go back again to my dealer with giving it first a try if i encountered probs with my 182.