ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO 1/4 mile guys

mk2 172

cant wait to get into the 1/4 mile runnin now im happy the way the cars goin with york next sunday being my first outing, just wondering if anyones got any tips or does practise make perfect??, i take it most races are won and lost in the start so launch has gotta be good, so does the bit where you set off tend to be grippy or quite slippy?, dont wanna do a burnout and get beat by a nova or summat.

the last thing i wanna know is if your havin quite a close one do most people carry on racing past the 1/4 til theres no road left as i like my races to go into the 100s

craggy

mk2 172

just been lookin at the table in the members area, dont suppose someone is gonna update it are they as it could be quite good as lots of people have times, also i reckon terminal speed should be included too

craggy

172 & LCR

The start is grippy as long as its not pissing down so pray for a sunny day at york you can run a bit further after 1/4 mile

evo x rs

Craggy me old fruit, the way you set off is fine! If you do it the same as when you took me a spin at those traffic lights youll have no probs.

When i did the run at santa pod and managed a decent 15.1something secs. I just let the revs hit about 4000rpm and let the clutch out. Just a little wheel spin and away you go.

Some blokes their told me to hit 2nd a.s.a.p. Although I never put this into practice.

I might make it with a bit of luck!!!

mk2 172

nice one, cant wait, you gotta try and make it chris cos we want a good cliosport turnout to kick some ass. gonna have a look on cruiseboard now to see if any of the donny massiv are goin up again........

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah its all in the start mate. Once youre rolling its just a question of keeping it on the boil, stay in the power band, slick/fast gearchanges and if youre nearing the line at the top of 3rd say, just hold it if you can, dont be tempted to change up unless you absolutely have to, youll lose half a second.

williams and trophy

craggy mate will be good to meet you at last lol
theres a few of us meeting at ferrybridge i think
yeah most of the races are lost or won on the start line......
not too many revs and ull be ok
as for the finish line i know what nicks saying but in the willy u WILL need 4th.... the valvers have that over the willy lol u can bounce the limiters of the valver to get over the line, but not in the willy so u will lose a little more time than a valver purely on gearchanges alone
cheers
jon

williams and trophy

craggy mate will be good to meet you at last lol
theres a few of us meeting at ferrybridge i think
yeah most of the races are lost or won on the start line......
not too many revs and ull be ok
as for the finish line i know what nicks saying but in the willy u WILL need 4th.... the valvers have that over the willy lol u can bounce the limiters of the valver to get over the line, but not in the willy so u will lose a little more time than a valver purely on gearchanges alone
cheers
jon
ps u should be getting terminal speeds of about 89- 92 mph depending on if it was a good run or not and u will b hitting 100 not long after the line but u gotta be ready to slow down quik as the return road isnt far off lol