ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 16v against cav gsi on 1/4 mile

clio 16v
hey guys just looking for your thoughts regarding standard valver clio 1/4 mile times. Ever since I began driving me and my mates have mostly been vauxhall boys. Ive had all vauxhalls over my 6 years of driving. (except a 205 gti).
Just bought myself a phase 1 clio 16v and heated debates with my mates have already begun. I sold my cav gsi to one of my mates on purchasing the clio, and intend racing my old car at the next crail.
Just wondered what you guys think the outcome will be? The cav is pretty much standard (except exhaust and k&n) when I had it it was doing 15.5's all day long up tghe strip. reckon the clio is gona be able to match that or hopefull be a bit quiker.

Opinions please people?

clio 16v
well the cav is doing a 15.5 so looks as though it's gona be close. just need to make sure I beat him off the lights. I cannot get beat by my old car. I'd never live it down!

16v/Williams is more suited to a track really.. it's the handling which makes them stand out.

SLK 350
Aye get him on a track, he'll be going backwards sideways, and you'll be driving through the corner ;)

clio 16v
ozzyo99 said:
Aye get him on a track, he'll be going backwards sideways, and you'll be driving through the corner ;)

so you don't think the clio can match it in a staight line?

Focus ST
If your Cav was doing 15.5's all day and the 16v is standard then I would say you'll get beaten up the strip.

Best I managed in my 16v was 15.9 which isn't a bad time for a 16v, and that had a decat. Fastest 1/4 miles I've heard for a standard valver is 15.8, although someone may know of quicker?

535d / t5 caravelle
exhaust,de-cat and filter saw mine run a 15.2, other runs where 16.1's though!

I've gone 15.008 in a standard 1.8 with a bit of mild stripping & a decatted magnex exhaust and a cold air feed to the air filter.

Should go easy 14s now as its completely stripped and has smaller wheels for better acceleration.

It'll be close with a completely standard car.
Matt

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
clowo16v said:
I've gone 15.008 in a standard 1.8 with a bit of mild stripping & a decatted magnex exhaust and a cold air feed to the air filter.
Matt

how is that standard

Nippy white cup
lol I was thinking that. I would say high 15`s low 16`s for a std valver (not stripped or modded hehe). So I would say he would be quicker I`m afraid.

Chris

Focus ST
clowo16v said:

Should go easy 14s now as its completely stripped and has smaller wheels for better acceleration.

It'll be close with a completely standard car.
Matt

That's a seriously impressive time for a 16v with those levels of modification. Mild stripping - back seat and spare wheel? Also, what tyres were you running on?

I thought cammed, tuned, stripped 16v's struggled to get in 14's?

Fair play though, I've only just matched that time in my 182!

clio 16v
ok well what would you reckon would be the outcome of my clio 16v against the stadard saxo vts my mate has just bought. surely i gota be able to take that?

tbh it will be pretty even against a vts - my mate had a w reg 106 gti with an induction kit & cat back s/s exhaust he ran 15.3 secs.

he did have the car set as he would use it on the road - i.e a 10" vibe sub & heavy shelf in it !!!!