ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO 182 owners

Id just like to recieve mine first tbh.

Ive been waiting for nearly 12 weeks now, i have supposedly another 2 weeks to wait.

But thinking ahead, i would probably go import a jap car, Integra-R DC5, or a Supra.

I dont know if i should sell my 182 or not when is the best time to sell a car within the first few years of it being new.....

Dirty E91

By the time the 182 is ready to go Ill probably have kids so Id plump for a fast Jap four door or estate, Scooby with PPP or maybe a decent diesel like a 3.5 beemer or merc?

Thought seriously about selling mine recently (had it since April) with the idea of trading up to an STi (which I nearly bought before the 182 in the first place).

Looked carefully at my finances and decided to pay the 182 loan off and pocket my car allowance instead! Depreciation was quite depressing too; I paid £13k for it, now worth £10k+ after 6 months, so guess Ill now keep it until its 2 yrs old.

All you need to do is drive something else for a while and you realise how good the 182 is! (in my case Ive been in the States driving a Chrysler Neon - now thats bad!!).

Matt

^^^^^^^^^^^Thats the reason i didnt buy brand new, i have just bought a 3month old 182 last week, and i only intend to keep it 4-6 months.

Yaris Hybrid

Am planning to keep the 182 at least until the warranty runs out.

As for a replacement, dunno to be honest.

Firstly if I want a quick car I will definitely buy it new. Would never buy a reasonably quick car second hand unless as smokey says I was only going to keep it 6 months.

To get something quicker than a 182 brand new is going to cost £20k and I dont think I can justify spending that on any car given the number of miles I do per year.

Bought my 182 in July, trading it in for a Boxster at the weekend.

Great car and lots of fun but tiresome on a long journey.

Was offered 11k as a trade in so am happy with that as well.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by pkimber on 18 October 2004

Bought my 182 in July, trading it in for a Boxster at the weekend.

Great car and lots of fun but tiresome on a long journey.

Was offered 11k as a trade in so am happy with that as well.
i drove mine to belgium and back and it didnt feel tiresome in the slightest? I would say a very good cruiser and lots of fun, I regularlity do 2+ hour journeys and have no problem with it what so ever?

Cant imagine a boxster being any better on long journeys? Especialy if it isnt the boxster s!

Just my opinion of course.

Lee

BMW M2C

£11k trade in, I could chop mine in and make a profit. :D

I give mine 12 months, then I think I need to get an Elise to get it out of my system. Ive also got a thing for the current Integra Type R, I just wish they sold them over here officially.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

^ Same.

The price i paid + the massive f**k up by amex (thanks again i love you)

Means mine wont start losing money until erm next may?

(that includes the £1000+ that ive spent on it too!)

Clio 200 Cup packed

will prob keep till im bored, which is usually between 12 and 18 months

next?

Rx8, 350z or Elise 111s I reckon...

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Im going to keep my 182 for possibly 5 years :eek:

I am in no rush to get rid,it sits in my garage and comes out to play on my days off.For me its purely a fun car to enjoy,im not bothered about depreciation,enjoying the car whilst i have it is the reason i went for one.Only using it on days off is the reason i wont be in a hurry to change.If i were using the car on a daily basis id probably want to change after 2 years or so but there is little point in me changing when i dont use the one ive got nowhere near as much as i should.:oops:

A quick opinion on the tiresome on long journey comment.I have yet to see this.I think its a great motorway and long journey cruiser,no worse than anything else IMHO,infact better than most what with automatic everything,climate control and cruise control etc.I love going on longer trips in the 182.