ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: All Clio Owners....

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 26 April 2005

is there a point to this at all?
Point is Marks at the garage with his car than he should be and wanted to see if anyone else has the same problems hes having. Even at the meet on Sunday the car wouldnt start.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by benclelland on 26 April 2005

Point is Marks at the garage with his car than he should be and wanted to see if anyone else has the same problems hes having. Even at the meet on Sunday the car wouldnt start.
Did i mention its been of the raod for 8 weeks out of the 7 months of ownership due to these problems!!!! :mad:

Sunday was a good example...... alarm was f**ked so car decides not to start aswell

Ive had my 53 reg 1.2 16v for about 17 months and not a single reported problem so far.

Got through 7 tyres on it and a set of brake pads and discs. But it deserves it. (By the way majority of tyres were punctures)

My sunroof rattles, the car idles erraticly and the radio cuts out but in all honesty, I simply cant be arsed to complain. It means taking it in, leaving it with them, not getting a courtesy car and just generally a lot of hassle.

I know. I work for a dealer. (Not Renault)

1.6 RXE 3 motnhs 2 problems

1 Sun roof didnt open properly, one side stayed shut

2 Idles strangely - Normally idles at 800-900 RPM ocasionally idles at above 1000rpm, no apparent reasn for it, first time it did it it was idling at 1500rpm!! Going into garage for them to have a look at soon

2 years, Clio Mk1 Phase 3 1997 1.4 Sport

Its done some odd electrical things that turned out to be th immobiliser and some dodgy fuel at the bottom of the tank..

[Edited by BluePete on 4/26/2005 10:58:40 PM]

2.5 yr old Dci About 20 problems probably none realy serous just normal Renault stuff which they never fix.

10 year old Willaims (onwerd for a month) 2 problems but important ones.

Mazda MX5 1.8

Nov 2003 (53) 1.6 16v (had it from new)

2 probs (apart from the usual rattles)

1. a coil went and was replaced under warrenty - 2. bootlid needed stripping and respraying due to run in primer when painted

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 26 April 2005

Did i mention its been of the raod for 8 weeks out of the 7 months of ownership due to these problems!!!! :mad:

Sunday was a good example...... alarm was f**ked so car decides not to start aswell
mate, i know exactly how you feel. EVERYTHING on my car has been replaced, right down to the suspension, only things unchanged are the wheels and the head... other the the oil pump failed and killed my bottom end, so rotten luck but I guess you have to expect these things with older cars... in your situation however I would be complaining to a director or something and getting a whole new engine or something as thats a joke on such a new car. If it makes you feel any better my Williams has cost me £11300 and a bit in total. Should be back on the road this week, but its been out of action for about 3-4 months in the 14 months I have owned it... and foolishly I have spent an absolute fortune keeping it in order...

some cars go out the production line destined for failure, just a fact as they are not exactly built to blueprint spec I imagine... lol

you can always change, but then your faced with the dilemma of what to get thats just as quick, fun etc and is in the same price range... answer? nothing... although I didnt really buy my car for that, the ownership appeal was greater, which is why Im still spending money on it :confused: lol

Renault Laguna Coupe

Current: Clio V6 255 Oct 2004. 0 problems.

Previous: Clio 172 Mk2 March 2002. 2 problems, washer bottle & airbag light.

Previous: 1999 Clio 1.6 RXE. 0 problems.

Previous: 1993 Clio 1.9 RTD. 1 problem, wheel bearings.

Valver 3 months no probs

Hybrid 1yr no probs

172 1yr No probs

182 7 months no probs

[Edited by Smokey on 27 April 2005 at 12:34am]

Oops tell a lie...........172 had a leaky rear shock, but i only noticed once it was removed and coilovers had been fitted when i cleaned them both.

valver - 1 year

no probs apart from general wear (new brakes/battery and tyres)

and its on 106k

seems more reliable than the newer cars!!

Used to have a Clio

8 months

1 Dead cell in battery

2 Airbag light

3 Air-con not working properly

4 Seat release (passenger side)

Think thats it, so 4 in total.
hi - what did you mean air con not working properly? i have air con too on my 4 month old clio but ive not used it yet.... i tried it once but i wasnt sure whether it was cold air from the air con blowing or just cold air from the outside...

Used to have a Clio

oh - forgot my cd player trays jams once in a while...especially in the cold weather...so i have to stop the engine and restart it before it allows me to put a cd in..sometimes taking a few tries!!! anyone else had this problem with their cd player?

should i take mine back?

GW Clio 200

Clio 172 Cup - 12 months - No problems.

Clio 182 - 10 Months - No problems.

Sisters x 2*

1.2 Dynamiques - 1 year - Both have not had any problems.

Mates 172 - 3 years - No problems.

No matter what site you go on, whether that be the Honda, Ford, Hyundai, BMW or Nissan etc etc. People are going to report problems, fundementally because internet forums were formed on the basis of discovering information and sharing experiences with people who enjoy the same things as you do!!.

I have just bought a new 24" Monitor. Its pixel perfect. I was one of the first to own this model in the country. There was a thread running on the Overclocker.co.uk forum and the ]H[ardforum ( an American tech site )

Out of maybe 100 of us all talking about how perfect the monitor is, the price being excellent, contrast ration, response time, Resolution being perfect for gaming (1920 x 1200) and 99.9% of us having pixel perfect panels. 0.1 percent, got one that was not so good.

The fuss the guy made over his not being up to standard started to cause such unrest in the people that were waiting for delivery, they started to question there purchase.

My point is that there are alot of Clio owners that do not encounter the problems that some do. There are however, due to the massive amount of cars that are sold, going to be cases where people get a defective car. The way in which these problems are dealt with by the dealer is going to be more of an issue than the fault itself. So buy from a reputable dealership.

M-plate valver, had 8 months now

Sunroof leaks

sunroof rattles at speed

Sunroof motor has stopped working

Alarm goes off when sunroof leaks

passenger window motor slow

Switch bulbs by airvents not on (connection?)

Heater panel connection loose so doesnt light up

Rear calipers seized - replaced

Steering column worn - replaced

Rust sorted out

Rear boot lock didnt open with the key

drivers door lock doesnt slam shut

foglight loose

brakes spongy - replaced

exhaust knocking / wearing on dog-bone mount - replaced

Anti Roll Bar bushes wearing out

Steering Rack has play in it

Headlight cracked

Alternator slowly failing

And Im sure theres more but I cant remember at this time of night...

passenger window motor slow
Ahh, yeah. Mines slow too.
Water in roof after its been raining, its annoying too as the sound of running water makes me need the toilet :oops:

Cam

182 Cup

05 182 cup

had it nearly 2 months

2 probs (engine temp sensor and rattley exhaust) they didnt bother fixin the exhaust, think ill book it back in or wait till i have another problem!! hope i dont *touches wood*

L

linzi_h

2001 Y reg 1.2 Expression +

had it a month now

air bag light and serv light is staying on - booked in for next wednesday

The Beast MK4

S Reg Clio Grande 1.2 8v
Owned for 26 months

CV joints left and right
Rear spring cracking
Recall for new fuel pump
New brakes all round - Due to age and regular use lol
My own problem when my bonnet payed me a visit while driving

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

2001 mk1 172 exclusive

Had it for 11 months

1 problem - exhaust center section fell off!

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by muscleflex on 27 April 2005

8 months

1 Dead cell in battery

2 Airbag light

3 Air-con not working properly

4 Seat release (passenger side)

Think thats it, so 4 in total.
hi - what did you mean air con not working properly? i have air con too on my 4 month old clio but ive not used it yet.... i tried it once but i wasnt sure whether it was cold air from the air con blowing or just cold air from the outside...
The canister of gas had to be refilled so nothing I could really do. Think it was because itd not been used.

car? need a license 1st!

1991 J Clio 1.4S (owned for 12 months)

1997 P Clio 1.4RT (owned for 2 months)

1.4S - Clutch cable snapped 3 times, reconditioned gearbox, new clutch, some dash lights didnt work, in the end the engine gave up running.

1.4RT - Clutch cable 3 times again, squeeky clutch, drivers window tempramental, just discovered a leak in the drivers footwell, "sloshing" fuel around.

over all not many major problems.

172 Mk2 - 28months

Its been to the dealer 6 times not including services.

- Engine mount

- New gearbox (£700 ba**ard quid for that puppy)

- New Clutch

- Front pads where playing up in the winter after its service! (Near miss with a mondeo)

- Service light would not go off

and finally some c**k stole my front bumper! - Would love to get a hold of him!

clio 1.8 16v - ive had it almost 3 years now.
nothing much, most just wear & tear etc, new clutch, engine mount etc.

however the oil pump went & engine seized thus it fecked the engine, so it had to have another engine in it.

Golf R/Leon FR

x reg clio 1.2 8v - 22 months
1 problem ignition coil, fixe dunder warrenty

mk1 172 x reg - 2 wks
2 minor problems - drivers side seat loose, seat tilts snapped on both seats. both fixed yday by renault. no charge