ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fao All Who Are Awaiting 182’s

ordered mine begining of june. Was first given del date 9th Aug. Then 9th Sept. Pick it up now monday afternoon.

Its been a long old wait

Yaris Hybrid

Thursday afternoon and its coming on a trailer Phunkey so panic over! Just home they dont shaft the splitter when driving it on and off!!

Bits and pieces like what? Tell, tell.... Anything nice? I went to Ascar exhausts (exhaustuk.com) in Sheffield on Saturday to see about a stainless. Frikkin closed. Gunna try and get in this Saturday. Thinking about ordering a K&N pannel filter off eBay but I dont know if there would be anypoint at the minute with the car being so new. Also seen front and rear strut braces. Not too sure on these either. Do they do anything or are they just fancy bits of metal?

Nothing big.

Stuff like silver vision bulbs, clio sport stickers, stainless steel battery cover.

But i have also bought a Alpine 7" touch screen dvd/cd player :)

With regards to filters, i think im going to buy a BCM induction kit, when the wallet allows. ;)

I was thinking of getting a front strut bar, more for cosmetic appearances to be honest, i want a stainless steel one.

Where did you get the battery cover from? I would love to see some pics of the head unit when its installed. I was going to get one but Ive heard its hard to find one that will work with the steering wheel controls and the 6 disc changer. I think I will get both strut braces for appearance factor as well. I would like to have them sprayed the same colour of the car.

Clio172Boy has the same unit mate. Do a search for sat nav and you should find his post and his pics.

I got the stainless steel battery cover from Magpie a fellow forum user. Drop him a PM. They are £18 inc delivery. And the quality is great. If you do a search of the for sale forum you should find his post and pics.

Im not bothered about the rear strut. The boot is small enough as it is lol

Yaris Hybrid

Only thing I might add is an RA2 but I am really seriously thinking hard about whether its worth it or not. Perhaps when they hit £300!

I cant believe how loaded you lot are! I see all these people taking their brand new 182s to track days and making all these mods without a care in the world! Obviously you lot can afford the insurance! I also wonder whether any of you buy the cars under finance agreements that forbid modding!?

Single fella toypop ;-)

Two jobs, and no financial constraints. I work hard for my money, so i like to spend it on nice things.

My car is on finance, but im not really doing any serious modding to it.

Yaris Hybrid

What sort of finance? A PCP? Read the small print!!!!

With two jobs are you ever going to get to drive this thing????

A PCP contract is only ever a problem if you intend to give the car back to them ;)

Yeah i still get loads of free time. I work full time doing tech support for ntl. But i also have an aquatics shop. I only pop down the shop a few hours a week to check on things.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 28 September 2004

A PCP contract is only ever a problem if you intend to give the car back to them ;)

Yeah i still get loads of free time. I work full time doing tech support for ntl. But i also have an aquatics shop. I only pop down the shop a few hours a week to check on things.
lol you are probably right about the PCP but if you read the small print they can demand at anytime to inspect your car and terminate the agreement if it looks as though you have breached the terms!!

Ideally you want to rag the nads off the car for 3 years then hand it back!

Fiesta ST

Ordered mine 19th Sept ready 18th Nov - Dealer rings me every week to let me know whats going on.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah less than 24 hours! Digi cam is on charge. I have started taking notice of the weather and the reality has sunk in now. My car is going to spend its first six months covered in muck and filth so I wont get to see it at its best until the spring.

It will get filthy on the way down tomorrow morning. I can wash it in the afternoon but it will get filthy as it will rain on Friday. Then I can try and wash it on Saturday but it will rain in the evening so what a waste of time! Still at least it aint black!

Anyway yours is only a month away so you will be where I am soon. Yours should turn up in time for the frosts.

Techinically speaking I have been waiting 4 years as I wanted to buy one back in 2000 but had to make do with a 1.2 16v!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Well its coming in the afternoon and I printed out the checklist that someone here posted. Got to inspect it properly so I have taken the whole day off.

There is potential for damage occuring on the trailer especially when they drive it on and off and when they strap it down. Will examine it very closely. If its clean it will make life easier.

Got to work on Friday as I have to take the 950cc 205 that my boss let me borrow back in for him as he has someone looking at it on Friday night (er he has to MOT it first and it wont pass)!!! Wont be driving the Clio to work til Monday!

I guess I will look at applying for full membership come the weekend.