ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fao All Who Are Awaiting 182’s

Yaris Hybrid

Ordered mid June

Due last week.

Hmm either craigr is going to be very disappointed or phunkey is going to get some good news! Me thinks the former is most likely!

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 18 September 2004

Ordered mid June

Due last week.

Hmm either craigr is going to be very disappointed or phunkey is going to get some good news! Me thinks the former is most likely!
Well have to wait and see, the paperwork i recieved from the dealer states the date will be 29th Oct.

If dealer/renault miss that date by more than 7 days you have the right to a full refund and can just walk away, supose this depends on how you have done your deal with dealership.

Ive waited 5 weeks so far, lets see what happens next month.

Yaris Hybrid

I dont think Renaults 7 day refund guarantee guarantees anything! If you cancel your order they wont mind as they have a queue 3 months long of people who would fight to the death to pay £14.7k for an unregistered 182 sitting on a forecourt! Even if you do cancel what would you do then? Its going to be another 4 to 6 months waiting for a CTR or Cooper S. I think this is why dealers treat their customers with such contempt because at the end of the day they hold all the cards.

My local dealer has no trouble selling ex-demos for more than I paid for my new one!

My prediction if you are all lucky is for phunkey to get his mid Nov, you to get yours end of Nov/beginning of Dec and Alymac is going to be very lucky if his turn up before Christmas.

Yaris Hybrid

From 11th September: I ordered mine on 5th July in Racing Blue at Renault Oldham. Ive got the registration (MK54 ***) and ill be picking it up this thursday/friday depending on how busy i am at work! This is confirmed!

Kev.

So Kev did ya get it?

<TABLE height=177 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#407db6 background=""><TBODY><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top><!-- Message body --><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">From 11th September: I ordered mine on 5th July in Racing Blue at Renault Oldham. Ive got the registration (MK54 ***) and ill be picking it up this thursday/friday depending on how busy i am at work! This is confirmed!<FONT color=black style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Kev.So Kev did ya get it?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes Kev has picked his up. There are pics in the media forum.

Quote: Originally posted by dirtydingo on 18 September 2004
ordered today...ETA end of October from new car discount pre registered

£12600 black with cup and spoiler pack...woohooo

Unless they have one sitting in the compound waiting for you , i find that almost impossible to believe mate.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah they just gave him the standard "6 weeks" figure. As you say they might have one sitting in a compound but if not that is bang out of order telling him that cos like me he may make plans based around something that is pure fantasy.

Still he got a good price so worth waiting.

From 11th September: I ordered mine on 5th July in Racing Blue at Renault Oldham. Ive got the registration (MK54 ***) and ill be picking it up this thursday/friday depending on how busy i am at work! This is confirmed!

Kev.

So Kev did ya get it?

Yeh! Go see it in the Media and Pics forum. Im sorry to hear bout all your troubles mate, all i can think of is the dealer is being a Prick and delaying the order for some reason?.

Kev.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah seen it! Looks good, wishing I had gone for racing blue now but I changed to Titanium when they said they couldnt do the stripes. On reflection that might have been a bad move.

Had any trouble with the car yet?

Yaris Hybrid

With a week to go I assume they have given you the number plate etc so you can arrange insurance and all that?

phoned the dealer yesterday. he said it was still on schedule to arrive on Friday, and will be ready on Sat. Can hardly wait...!

they actually had a liquid yellow one on the forecourt when i ordered mine, think it might have been available, is gone now tho

I was supposed to pick it up yesterday. My 182 got pushed off the lorry for someones elses. Lucky for me the security guard dropped the gate barrier on the roof of of that 182. Poor sod. It would have been mine. Hes got to wait 2 months for another one. THE CLOCK IS TICKING.

Ordered August 15th - Estimated Due Date 1st Nov

According to the terms and conditions if Reno are 21 days late to the estimated due date you write to them telling them to get there act together. If 7 days after receiving the letter still no car then you can pull out with a full refund. That gives Reno 4 weeks on top of the delivery date. I will definately pull out if we go past that date as I will ha been without wheels for 17 weeks and I am getting tired of walking, biking and cadging lifts everywhere.

Ill tell you all about mine tomorrow... I can see them turning round tomorrow and saying Tuesday... They said if it comes too late tomorrow Ill have to get it Tuesday... I cant understand what they need to do to a new car apart from maybe clean it.

Yaris Hybrid

I dont think it is our brokers Phunkey as they just place an order via a Renault dealer.

These people must be getting cars from cancelled orders or failing that pre-registered.

Look at Doigys motor, he ordered it beginning of August when the factory was shut! Its only been open a few weeks and they had to build 2 months worth of cars (June and Julys orders) before they got to his.

With the August shut down adding to what was already a 2 month backlog you are looking at 12 to 16 weeks for delivery of a factory order. In your case that 12 to 16 weeks starts from when the factory reopened. I think you are looking at the end of November for yours.

Of course the dealer could get our cars in at the same time as a punter walks into the showroom waving £14700 in his hands. Whats the dealer going to do? Say f**k the broker and his £13k and hand the car to the punter? All he does then is give the broker some bullsh1t about safety tests or barriers coming down on the roof....

My car wasnt pre registerd or stood... It was made in France... The lad whos 182 got wacked with the barrier gets his new one from france in 6 week. They only orded it on Saturday... I think it does depend on the dealer.... Mine was supposed to be collected on the 1st of next month but I but I pested them, told them I needed it for a holiday Im going on and they pushed it forward... There just lazy. I did have a bit of ammo though... 8 months previous to my order we bought 3 clio brand new Clios. Theyve had just short or £50,000 off us in under 12 months.

Yaris Hybrid

Pushed it forward eh, they probably gave you mine! Right that does it I am going to be doing some pestering on Monday.

Ive already said that they have until mid-Oct and then I will be forced to buy another old banger to keep me going. In that event I will cancel my order and get a CTR instead.

If they pulled that barrier sh1t on me I would tell them they will hand me a brand new 182 within 14 days or my order is cancelled!

I just made up a story that I needed my car for a holiday... "You dont understand me pal... I want the car for the 18th." Thats what the conversation ended up like but it worked. Telling ya, there just lazy.

Yaris Hybrid

Hard to predict your delivery date based on mine.

Ordered mid June but by the time the paper work was all signed you can say 1st of July. Now I had that aggro with the stripes that resulted in my changing the colour. This was sorted mid July but I dont know if that pushed me to the back of the queue. As far as you are concerned we can take the worst case scenario and say 1st July. Deducting the weeks the factory was shut it took them at least 8 weeks. You ordered just as the factory shut so all you have to do is add 8 weeks on from when the factory reopened.

Sounds like your date could be quite accurate.

Remains to be seen how they get my car from Portsmouth (its a HY54) to Bristol... Its delivered to my door so I assume they wont go via my local Renault dealer. Perhaps they will drive it up and put some miles on it!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Oh dear thats got me worrying. I can see it now. They drive up in filthy weather, then when they get to Bristol they quickly pop it through a car wash....aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Deposit paid and all that MrArtego. Plus ive set me heart on liquid yellow now :)

Ill leave you to get back to finding spelling mistakes on the willaims website ;)

Ragging it through the countryside hey toypop. Sorry mate. ;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 18 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by dirtydingo on 18 September 2004

ordered today...ETA end of October from new car discount pre registered

£12600 black with cup and spoiler pack...woohooo

Unless they have one sitting in the compound waiting for you , i find that almost impossible to believe mate.
Ordered mine with these, placed order on July 17th told 6 weeks, then 10 weeks now due for deliver 10th Oct (12 weeks!!!)