ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: anyone running BMC cda on 16v

BMW 535D

......how do you rate them? im after one but im still undecided about which sealed induction kit will be best

also, how much did u pay? did u need to make any sort of adaptor to fit it on the throttle body?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Much better than the K&N that was originally on the car. Paid just under 200 quid and that included SFS silicone hose and an adaptor to fit throttle body. Guys I bought it off did the project for me on drawings I made of teh throttle body.

Whatever sealed kit you go for, you are gonna need an adaptor. Think KTEC are making them now. CDA seems to foit better than the pics of Viper I have seen on here.

BMW 535D

im currently running deans home made sealed kit and it ace, he wants it bk tonite tho so im trying to line up the replacement :p:p

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mailto:b@stard">b@stard to fit, but best thing iv had on it, especially in the summer when its warmer outside!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Seems you have to get all the bits individually as there isnt really a proper designed sealed IK for the valver or Willy.

I believe KTEC are making adaptors at about 50 quid for the throttle body. You would have to check with them.

Part number reference for the correct BMC CDA is 70-150 to fit either 16v or Willy. You then need a piece of silicone hose, samco or sfs do them, to fit. Battery will have to be moved forward a little to fit the CDA if you run it backwards length ways to the back of the engine bay. As can be seen here:

http://uk.msnusers.com/Clio16v/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2http://uk.msnusers.com/Clio16v/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2

BMW 535D

m8 does that get enough air in there??? have u got a cold air feed to it, surely having it facing that way restricts airflow?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Rear of CDA has pipe that cam sipplied pointing downwards and then curved at the front, pointing forwards.

Its been run like that since and does not need to go all the way to the bumper to get air in there. May run a longer piece from front bumper to the back of CDA when I get time but it is fine how it is.

problem with those sort of adaptor plates is taht they hurt flow jsut before teh TB inlet.....totally negating the TB tapered design.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Will be the CDA on its own, then you have to get an adaptor (KTEC maybe) and piece of silicone hose with right angle of bend. Should still come in at under 200 quid all in. Viper is 250 ish.

BMW 535D

the fella from carnoisseur sayd it comes with cold air feed and a few fitting bits for £130

seems to be a good price as i was expecting to have to pay over £200 for it

where can i get the hosing from, samco? ill get i touch with k-tec about the adaptors

cheers

Titanium 182

Ben

i was aware of that, and tried to think of other methods and other materials etc

but that was the best i could do but after using it on chirs valver

its alot better than the std air box and the piper x he had on

Quote: Originally posted by sxi boy on 19 November 2003

so wot sort of adaptor is right for a universal kit with a circular bore then?
A circular bore that is BIGGER than the TB which tapers from the outlet of the filter bore ID to the ID of the larger adaptor you have made.

Just seems alot of effort and money to let it slip on such a simply yet important thing. For the same reason the inlet profile of trumpets is so important, and even full radius designs arent the best.

erm, anything thats not dirty at the mo lol.

Ive got a std airbox but i havent gotten round to even cleaning it haha.

i see, any filter you know of that you would recomentd iv got a piper cross with cold air box but iam getting bored and want a change ???

im just gonna stick with a std one that ill slightly mod to keep it cool, but nothing too special, rather spend money on other stuff.