ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Anyone with a Mk1 1.4

Does anyone know that renault seemed to have used a different gearbox in the mk1 phase 2 1.4 compared to the phase 1 1.4?

noticed the other night. my mark 1 does 70mph in 5th at about 3100ish rpm. was in my mates phase 2 1.4 the other night and he was sitting on 70mph and the engine was only at 2300rpm.

so the only explaination that i can think of is that his box is different. cant think why renault changed it. obviously due to the nature of the engine its better to have it reving higher power wise but it definately means it drinks significantly more.

has anyone else noticed what rpm their engine sits on at 70mph?

Punto/Clio GTT

easy people. i got a mk 1 ph 3, 1.4i S Maxim. I brought a brouchure off ebay with specs of my car in and apparantly.. its got a " 5-speed close ratio gearbox". Whereas the rt aint.

FM