ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Anyone with a new Dell laptop - DVD writing problems

CTR--VX220D
can write Data [photo's etc] to a DVD but cannot copy a DVD disk [not write protected] or a DVD from my harddrive to a blank DVD disk.

It fails about 11% in saying write error.

I have used the Roxio app, and also Nero 7 but both are the same.

I have the latest firmware for the drive etc. It is a TSSTcorp DVD+RW TS-L632D.

I have used budget +R and -R, HP +R and -R, and Verbatim +RW disks [as recommended] but no such luck.

I can play DVD's and copy/burn Audio CD's.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try Nero 6 . Nero 7 has some errors i believe . I use version 6 and never have a problem .

When you say " writer error " . Is that the only message ? Not " power calibration error " ??

Just had a quick look on google . Sounds like your not the only person with a problem with that burner .

I'd contact dell , they might replace it .

Last edited:
  WILL BE: 1992 1.8 16v
...why buy a dell...
lol

I sometimes get an error when burning a cd at 99% its just fails. on all of the Nero's i've ever used it's happened. only on 2/10 cd's i burn though

CTR--VX220D
Well I have just burned my first DVD!

I uninstalled the drive and let windows find it again and it seems to be working - however when played on my home DVD player the film locks up!

Im going to try it on a R not a RW now and see if that works - and have a look at compatability issues.