ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Anyone with Liverpool Victoria

Recently got my renewal quote through and rang to take it up. However while going through a few things with them, they no longer accept any mods! This is even though i declared my K+N and Devil Exhaust when i started out with them years ago. They said it had been policy for the last few months or so...

Basically if i did nt ring and had let the renewal go ahead automatically then i would nt be covered! Be warned!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

my renual had all the mods listed on it, they sen through my details and had what it was covered for... i then paid them they accepted payment and havent sent anything else through to say otherwise... so they have to honor it... i dont think i could get my car insured ne where else.

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 11 May 2005
my renual had all the mods listed on it, they sen through my details and had what it was covered for... i then paid them they accepted payment and havent sent anything else through to say otherwise... so they have to honor it... i dont think i could get my car insured ne where else.

Yea same as, I rang them up as renewal was April, and they said yea no problem... and i have a huge list of mods, prob as bigger list as Malices.

I think they are still covering existing customers, but new customers cant have mods.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

as i said amount of stuff listed i doubt i would get covered with ne 1 else... as i only intend to keep it a few more months... it will do for now lol

Very strange... Well the guy i spoke to said even for renewals! Must just be my dodgy postcode or my mods which add 1000 bhp! Just to be safe i will be getting insured elsewhere...

I added my 182 to LV insurance to run with the scooby6 wks ago & the Clio had exhaust mods (full prospeed decat sys) , viper & quickshift when I got it. Listed the mods & no problems, all covered & on my insurance cert. (I have just taken the extras off now as I am selling them (any takers??? :D) as I want the car standard) . Been insured with LV for 4 yrs now & never a problem with mods & the scooby has a sh1te load :eek:

Simon

Well i have now cancelled with these guys as i dont trust them! Seems a bit weird to me that some of you managed to get covered but i cant... im 31 for gods sake!

Taken from their website...

Motor Insurance - Quote & Buy Online

We cannot insure:
Motor cycles, vans, pick ups, minibuses.
Cars which have not been manufactured for the UK market e.g. Japanese imports.
Cars which have performance enhancing modifications.
Cars which are used abroad for more than 180 consecutive days.
Cars which are in excess of £100,000 in value.
Cars that are registered and normally kept outside of mainland United Kingdom,
the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Drivers outside the age range of 17 and 79.
You, if you live in Northern Ireland.
Non mainland UK residents.

I got that last september at renewal, they have changed the bit about covering mods and also the unlimited ICE cover, I called them and they confirmed that existing customers stay on their original policy. I asked for written confirmation but I never got it! Gonna ask and ask and ask for something in writing this year!!