ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Apex Owners

Monaco Blue 172
Unfortunately I am blessed with 52mm hub spacing and have dropped my car 60mm on spax kit but have had nothing but problems e.g. rattling and harsh ride. Just wondered if the apex kit gives the low look but makes the ride as smooth as the standard set up?? Coilovers are an option, but put off by all the setting up and how easy changing ride height is.

Coilovers are the way to go.
58mm hubs are the way to go though 52mm are a more difficult to get suspension for.

Setups not difficult you can do it yourself and adjsuting the height is easy.

Monaco Blue 172
edde said:
Coilovers are the way to go.
58mm hubs are the way to go though 52mm are a more difficult to get suspension for.

Setups not difficult you can do it yourself and adjsuting the height is easy.
Does cam etc need changing everytime you change ride height though?

E36 M3. 182
ive always been told that coilovers give a mega hard ride and are best left for the track, or is that just bu115hit pub talk??

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got the -60mm apex kit and the ride is harsh but i like it that way, infact i dont even notice it being that harsh now untill someone gets in n says "fukin hell!" every time i hit a small bump lol

Focus RS, 182 gone
mines down 40mm on apex, thats the most you can do a 182, the rides a little harsher, but thats how i prefer it. Every car iv had has been lowered, shame i can get it any lower without spending a grand on coilovers

steve1052 said:
Does cam etc need changing everytime you change ride height though?
Nope just jack the car up remove the wheel then get the spanner on the seat where the spring sits and turn it clock/anticlock wise to lift the height.
Once you have them set up height wise to what you like. No one ever changes them though.

You should do the tracking if you adjust the height a bit but as I said noone ever changes them.

steviet said:
ive always been told that coilovers give a mega hard ride and are best left for the track, or is that just bu115hit pub talk??
Nope load of pub talk some coilovers are very hard but that race stuff most coilovers if there correctly designed give a better ride. H and R's are often said to give better ride than stock suspension setup.
There only as hard as the setup desinged setups such as Yozzasports bleisten are said to be stiffer than H and R or Ledas. But all are softer than the trophy setup assuming there setup for the road.

Focus RS, 182 gone
edde said:
Some popele don't lower the car as much as you can though for other reasons.

With a clio there is no other reasons, they are a warmed up car, they are not fast enough to need awsome handling

Monaco Blue 172
are h and rs available on the 52mm spacing? and is there any other cheaper options that would work like fk highsports or are they real harsh?