ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: bmc IK owners

Golf R/Leon FR

just wondering wot your opinions are of the IK if you have one fitted and would you recomend one.

iirc, most of em end up taking em off cos they are poo. and go back to standard box with a aftermarket panel filter.

;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

i love mine.... but u do need a good air feed on it!!!!!

Mind u i cant hear mine now... something else has taken over :devilish:

may as well get a piece of plastic and have it bent to shape, as the usual cold air ducting, doesnt work with it

as above, best bet is either standard airbox and replacement element from ITG, Pipercross or similar or go out, spend some real money, getting a quality product such as the ITG Maxogen (speak to GruppeM, see if theyll make you one)

BMW 320d Sport

My BMC CDA was a superb filter. I can assure you, Ive tried everything going and it was the best by a very long way. Obviously it stands or falls by how good a cold air feed you get to it though.

If by IK you mean an open induction kit rather than a CDA airbox, then Id not bother to be honest. Waste of time and money in a packed Clio engine bay, regardless of whether you have a cold air feed or not.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

And the BMC CDA is a sealed IK so will be fine in hot weather. Mine is better than the K&N my car came with.

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

tried a few different things over the past few days, put standard filter back on as car went into renault:mad: drove around on standard filter then put bmc back on. ive managed to chop the air feed it comes with so it sqeezes down past the rad and the car feels so much better over standard... more responsive especially above 5 k

Golf R/Leon FR

seems like they are quite good by the responses.

nick - i want a cda air box not an open IK cos i had one on my old clio and it was worse than standard.

cheers for responses anymore welcome.

Been trying mine on and off (fitted with Hillpower pipe too).

A lot more responsive with it on and a great sound produced but almost sucks too much air and makes the car feel like its got less torque to me in the midrange and on motorway.

Just my observations.

Maybe feels better cos the slightly slower take up with the standard filter reduces wheel spin (not a prob if youre lucky enough to have TC unlike me)

I can see the benefit in a turbod car that needs shed loads of air in one huge lump but its the sound that makes me keep it on my car.

Golf R/Leon FR

i was wondering wot the BMC sounded like. just out of interest where did you get yours from timbo? and how much was it?

About £250ish from Demon Tweeks i think.

When you pull away you get a deep warbling almost Subaru like sound which gets louder the longer you hold down the pedal.

Sounds great "on cam" through tunnels too. :D

Was driving about pointlessly for ages after fitting it just being a noisy sod.

Much better than a noisy exhaust as you only hear it when you put your foot down so motorway trips are fairly quiet.

Golf R/Leon FR

ive jsust been on http://www.motorsportworld.co.ukwww.motorsportworld.co.uk and they have it on there but they have two for the 172 dont know if theres much difference between the two.

can anybody help?

the two product codes are

CDA70-150-183

and

CDASP-08-184

they are for sale at £158 and £161 which is cheap.

Golf R/Leon FR

yeah just realised the difference in the pic the SP-08 is the mk2 ph2. should have looked closer!!!

i cant get the vid to work on my computer